No announcement yet.

Airbag warning lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok thanks I'm gonna look some more into it. Where would the ecu be on a t4 I carnt find it so can check the connections on it.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Just T4s

Comment

Start at the other "steering wheel" end first.... ECU is behind the nearside headlight and fuel filter area.

Comment

Ok thanks for the help I'll check that

Comment

Well this is my T4 that's giving me the headache thanks everyone for your help hopefully ill get it sorted.

Comment

Hi all thanks for all your advice tried some of your ideas but none worked on my airbag light. so tuck my t4 to my local garage and they looked and one of them said he's got the same problem with his vans airbag light . he said it does not effect the van and it's in good condition he said they could fix it but they don't want the job because it's a Wright chew on and expensive. They said the problem is under the seats any one had the same problem.

Comment

As arf says,could be the easiest thing to do.If your airbag control thingy is buggered.As long as the light comes on and then goes out,same as abs it’ll pass the mot.

Comment

The garage are talking shite.

Heres the wiring for the airbag circuit;
                VW_T4_99-04_Airbag_Wiring.jpg
                Trace and test or replace it from the steering wheel (cable 2 in this image) the diagram shows both driver and passenger system.
                As you can see it shouldn't take long. Theres no cabling to the seat for sensors. I believe the one sensor is mounted behind the dashboard / centre vents area. Only stripped one 8 years ago and cannot recall if I'm honest.

from the image
                6) is the ground, 7) is diagnostics 8) is to the cluster 9) is to the airbag
                Last edited by Activ8; 29 March 2019, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gavin View Post
                  Hi all thanks for all your advice tried some of your ideas but none worked on my airbag light. so tuck my t4 to my local garage and they looked and one of them said he's got the same problem with his vans airbag light . he said it does not effect the van and it's in good condition he said they could fix it but they don't want the job because it's a Wright chew on and expensive. They said the problem is under the seats any one had the same problem.

You can have a problem under the seats if it has seat belt tensioners. Theres a little pug 106 I have to wriggle the wires under the seat everytime I take for the test. But do T4's have those?

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
                    Never had any experience of T4's with air bags but i'd be looking at the reel in the wheel. VWHeritage do a diode that plugs in so you can fit a wheel with no airbag, then the light will go out giving you an mot pass. Might be worth a look. Could be a cheaper fix if you don't mind an inoperative airbag.
                    All that is is a spruced up resister mate.You can get them off eBay 5 for 99p.What I did as didn’t fancy the airbag blowing up when I’m playing guess the wire.

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
                      You can have a problem under the seats if it has seat belt tensioners. Theres a little pug 106 I have to wriggle the wires under the seat everytime I take for the test. But do T4's have those?
                      Don't think so mate. I got a 3 pin for heated seats on both and a 2 pin on the seat belt for the alarm thingy if u don't BuckleUp on driver side only

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

Ok thanks alot I'll have a look

Comment

Working...
                        X