Airbag warning lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airbag warning lights

Hi all iv got a t4 ex aa van that I'm converting into a camper. I got a problem I need help with the airbag warning lights came on and I carnt get it off. Any advice would be great. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900F using Just T4s

Originally posted by Gavin View Post
    Hi all iv got a t4 ex aa van that I'm converting into a camper. I got a problem I need help with the airbag warning lights came on and I carnt get it off. Any advice would be great. Thanks

Code read the fault with VCDS first.
    I've had a couple of electrical faults historically , first was the clock spring was damaged , second the airbag had been fitted from another VAG car and gave off a different electrical impedence , third was another clock spring fault.
    You could soft code it out with VCDS which turns the MIL off.

Comment

Welcome to the site buddy, as you can see people are always happy to help on here.

Comment

Hi and welcome to the forum. Do you have access to a code reader?

Comment

I had this and it failed it's itv.
          So, I pulled the light out, opened the box and cut the wire running to it. Then it wouldn't light and go out so I wired it to the abs light instead. Passed the last 5 times like that.
          Last edited by arfur fox-acre; 21 March 2019, 08:20 PM.
          Me cago en la madre que te pariĆ³!

Comment

Hi thanks all. Yes I have got the fault code it's 00532 i carnt find anything wrong but someone told me my ecu could be buggered but I'm not sure what to do thanks for any advice.

Comment

Never had any experience of T4's with air bags but i'd be looking at the reel in the wheel. VWHeritage do a diode that plugs in so you can fit a wheel with no airbag, then the light will go out giving you an mot pass. Might be worth a look. Could be a cheaper fix if you don't mind an inoperative airbag.
              Last edited by S49; 21 March 2019, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Ok thanks for your help

Comment

But when iv looked up the code 00532 it says low voltage so I'm not sure what it could be.

Comment

If you have a.b.s. use my bypass above.

Comment

Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
                      I had this and it failed it's itv.
                      So, I pulled the light out, opened the box and cut the wire running to it. Then it wouldn't light and go out so I wired it to the abs light instead. Passed the last 5 times like that.
                      Fucking brilliant [emoji106] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

Yeh think I'll give that ago. I'm just wondering what's happened for the warning light to come on and stay on.

Comment

But when iv looked up the code 00532 it says low voltage so I'm not sure what it could be.

00532 - Supply Voltage B+: Signal too Low

Possible Causes
                          Wiring/Connectors from/to Control Module faultyPower Supply (Battery/Generator) faultyPossible

Solutions
                          Check/Repair Wiring/Connectors from/to Control ModuleCheck Power Supply (Battery/Generator)

Special Notes
                          When found in an individual control module, it's most likely a local source (e.g. wiring/connectors).
                          When found in multiple control modules at the same time, it's most likely a common source (e.g. ground spot, battery, generator).
                          Intermittent codes are often stored during low outside temperature when the battery capacity goes down and may be ignored.

Common with*16946/P0562/001378 - System Voltage: Too Low*stored in other control modules.

Comment

Yeh think I'll give that ago. I'm just wondering what's happened for the warning light to come on and stay on.

Yes, I wondered that too. Still don't know. Still haven't needed the airbag yet.

Comment

Trouble with all OBD codes is its just a guide. Have known lots of experienced tecs replace parts because the obd "says "so but it could be anything on the circuit. Had a Toyota in last year with the abs light on. Obd said low voltage to ABS pump. Went in and found a glow plug fault as well, dead short in number three glow plug. Replaced glow plugs and the ABS light stayed out. Can only guess that the short was pulling so much voltage as to starve other sensitive components and that's the low voltage the OBD picked up and threw the ABS light on.

Comment

Working...
                              X