Bit of a rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bit of a rant

Well today the welding was finished and must say what a good job he did.
    Time to get major back to mot, phone up no problems bud we will fit it in for you today [emoji106]
    Right time to go he cranks he turns he's not gonna start ...phew yes he's ok must be cos he's been jacked forward and backward "oh wait pluhhh pluhhh stop[emoji35] . Give it a minute check fuel as gauge can get stuck halfway Pop to shed shove 5 litres in turn key crank pluhhh pluhhh fire fire rev rev yess ..no pluhhh stop.
    Left it for two hours occasionally turning ignition hoping it may have been fuel filter run dry.
    Nope same as earlier pluh pluh cough fire rev pluhhh splutter.
    Non runner.
    Mot cancelled wife's offer of jump lead's while it's cranking away like nobody's business politely refused with a smile and a shake of the head.
    Only clue's I have are oil light stays on but goes off if it revs,also blinks while cranking.
    Gonna check oil level again once it's settled just in case it's anything.
    Got an obd reader but wouldn't know where or if it plugs in on major.
    Anyway rant over gutted . thanks for listening [emoji1]
    Gonna have couple of nights near Macynlleth unfortunately not in major so chill out with Mrs and the dogs get pissed up walk it off in the forest n come back and take it from there.[emoji106]

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Just T4s

What engine do you have? Could be stop valve on injection pump or ignition switch.

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
      What engine do you have? Could be stop valve on injection pump or ignition switch.
      It's a 2.5tdi acv cheers, I will be after info on how to check both them things out if you'd be so kind.
      Cheers

Comment

Any fuses blown? Just thinking - welder & welding .... battery ....

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
          Any fuses blown? Just thinking - welder & welding .... battery ....
          Put that on my list ,though he used surge protector. gonna have a busy Friday when we get back fingers crossed it's nothing over complicated.

Comment

Any bubbles in the fuel supply/return line when cranking? Sounds like it's pulling air.

What area was welded?

Comment

Rear cross member ,rear spring plates and also both piece behind where fuel filter is think it's a cross member runs in front of wheel arch one each side splay out pointing towards the wheel.
              Getting loads to Go on thanks guys.
              Does sort of Remind me of starting issues after a filter change on the 4 X 4 .
              Away till Friday can't wait to get back already n get started on it.

Comment

Perhaps some sparks have pin holed one of the pipes to the filter? Also check your spill pipes between the injectors.

Comment

Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                  What area was welded?
                  Originally posted by Vannewyyd View Post
                  behind where fuel filter is

There you go then.

Lines were disturbed, possible the white valve in the top has been cracked by the welder holding the pipes to one side for access.

I'll bet it's pulling air.

By far the most common cause of diesel running issues, and often why I use easy start/brake cleaner - just a little snifter; you don't want it to get hooked

And why I often advise people to run from a bottle as it eliminates a whole raft of possible problems.

Comment

Hoping your Spot on Reg. first thing Friday afternoon headlight out check filter and lines.
                    If not successful then at least got a few things to Go on.
                    Thanks everyone hopefully post good news Friday Saturday.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Just T4s mobile app

Comment

Yeah stuff easy start. Better to fix the problem. Look at that female celebrities nose.

New to the T4 engine and problems here but got lots of stuff to do with mine so sharp learn curve for me I reckon.
                      VW T4 Doka 1991 AAB 2.4L D project

Comment

Originally posted by Vannewyyd View Post
                        Hoping your Spot on Reg. first thing Friday afternoon headlight out check filter and lines.
                        If not successful then at least got a few things to Go on.
                        Thanks everyone hopefully post good news Friday Saturday.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Just T4s mobile app
                        There is a reason they fit a clear section in the fuel lines - to spot bubbles.

Comment

Originally posted by Doka View Post
                          Yeah stuff easy start.
                          It is good for diagnosis - if the engine fires or tries to fire on easy start, you know you have things like compression/cam timing etc OK and need to focus on fuel supply/pump timing.

Comment

Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                            It is good for diagnosis - if the engine fires or tries to fire on easy start, you know you have things like compression/cam timing etc OK and need to focus on fuel supply/pump timing.
                            Yeah, finding the problem ... and all that helps you get there if it's just temporary is ok for sure.

I remember when I started work on a farm after college ... my bosses old general work horse Massey Ferg 135 would never start with out the stuff in winter , that thing was left out under the stars for so many years but always started in the end, winter tested the battery though. To be fair it was maintained once a year at a place in Newport South Wales near the farmers market, not sure what they did but I used to take it from Cardiff to Newport lol, great skive.

Knowledge is the main thing I reckon, when you have hung around something for long enough you get to know it inside out, trial and error and other things you pick up.
                            VW T4 Doka 1991 AAB 2.4L D project

Comment

Home grill off light out filter accessed turn engine watch bubbles go through clear plastic,off to get hoseclips to renew them all can't find leak so far but halfway there.
                              More to follow

Comment

Working...
                              X