• Show
Clear All

• Project Dingle

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190225_131355a.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	272662

Not really a build thread as such but just thought I would post of photo of work done so far on my velle, shes had new front wings and replacement front doors too, so far we have painted the front end and the roof in red oxide primer which I personally like the look of, im sure it will divide opinion but im going for the rat look, im having to do a section at a time because I only have weekends to work on her and shes my only form of transport. The rest of the bodywork will have the same treatment including the bumpers. I have 60mm lowering springs which will hopefully be fitted the weekend and she will also have a set of passat 17s in gloss black and a set of side rails to match the wheels.

Will post more photos as I go, the next job is a nasty rust patch on the passenger side just below the sliding rail, its currently covered with gaffer tape which the previous owner painted to match the rest of the car (top job!)

"Will post more photos as I go, the next job is a nasty rust patch on the passenger side just below the sliding rail, its currently covered with gaffer tape which the previous owner painted to match the rest of the car (top job!)"

Must have been a mondeo owner... [emoji23]
    You're doing a fine job there Ben [emoji106]

Sent from the Midlands by pigeon

Comment

Originally posted by rjhoy02 View Post
      "Will post more photos as I go, the next job is a nasty rust patch on the passenger side just below the sliding rail, its currently covered with gaffer tape which the previous owner painted to match the rest of the car (top job!)"

Must have been a mondeo owner... [emoji23]
      You're doing a fine job there Ben [emoji106]

Sent from the Midlands by pigeon
      Cheers roy, if only I had more time

Comment

That's a commodity we could all do with more of Ben

Sent from my iPad using Just T4s

Comment

Don't know why it took me 4 days to spot this, keep the updates coming Ben.

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
            Don't know why it took me 4 days to spot this, keep the updates coming Ben.
            Will do si, it's been fun so far, I've got myself a helper which makes the jobs much easier especially taking doors on and off

Comment

Are you going to lacquer over it when its finished.

Comment

I quite like the look of working around the van, one section at a time and then finishing it up in the red oxide.
                Show's what you've done and where your aiming to get.
                It's a cool look!

Comment

I'm liking the red oxide too. Looking forward to seeing it progress
                  Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
                    Are you going to lacquer over it when its finished.
                    It's one idea I did have however it looks good as it is so I'm probably going to leave it like that

Comment

Looks good with the red oxide. This gives me hope for my van - i just need to commit and start grinding rust away....

Comment

Originally posted by Jumbungla View Post
                        Looks good with the red oxide. This gives me hope for my van - i just need to commit and start grinding rust away....
                        Yep! I've been waiting for some decent weather so I could get started, no going back now!

Comment

Originally posted by Benf View Post
                          It's one idea I did have however it looks good as it is so I'm probably going to leave it like that
                          Only saying as grey primer is porous, but Mollys pikey relations paint barns with red oxide and it lasts ages so I suspect its not the case with red oxide. mind I know f all about paint and painting.

Comment

Yes I was thinking the same about red oxide Si

Sent from my iPad using Just T4s

Comment

It's what is used to paint some of the steelwork we fab at work and typically you will see building frames painted with it too, it does have a sheen to it unlike grey primer so I suspect you are correct si

Comment

Working...
                              X