Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    regcheeseman's Avatar Privileged
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,025 Times in 724 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumbungla View Post
    This is the white version of the etch primer I used. I told them in the shop what I wanted to do and they recommended this. Says good for "most recoatable plastics" on the back.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Just T4s

You have found the holy grail of paints, Etch primer, Plastic primer and high build all in one can!

I always thought those three things were mutually exclusive, why have I been buying three different primers for all these years.

Actually, I buy five different primers, dunno why they didn't add 'weld through primer' and 'epoxy mastic primer' to that list on the can.

It does look good though, be intrigued to see how well it survives.

What did you paint the interior door handles with?

tommo1366's Avatar Privileged
    Thanks
    Looking good there mate!! Van looks AA yellow on the inside! Did my handles yellow with platikote super. The stuff goes off pretty hard!

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
    Slowly slowly catchy monkey!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tommo1366 For This Useful Post:

Jumbungla (5th March 2019)

Jumbungla's Avatar Maybe you actually know something (Bronze)
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by regcheeseman View Post
    You have found the holy grail of paints, Etch primer, Plastic primer and high build all in one can!

I always thought those three things were mutually exclusive, why have I been buying three different primers for all these years.

Actually, I buy five different primers, dunno why they didn't add 'weld through primer' and 'epoxy mastic primer' to that list on the can.

It does look good though, be intrigued to see how well it survives.

What did you paint the interior door handles with?
    Haha, I was a bit skeptical. But it built nicely on spraying, and i tried scratching a bit off and it seemed to have bonded to the plastic very well!

The handles were a few layers of this white high-build-etch-super-primer, flatted back and then a couple of coats of paint that the shop coded from the side of the van with their scanning machine.

Colour matched paint wasn't too bad at about 5 a can. But the etch primer wasn't cheap at about 12 a can. Still, 1 can did two coats on 1 door card - so 24 for a decent finish matt black on both doors doesnt sound too bad.

Dubleon's Avatar Virgin
    Thanks
    Looks great

Starting to give me ideas for my cards now

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dubleon For This Useful Post:

Jumbungla (11th March 2019)

Jumbungla's Avatar Maybe you actually know something (Bronze)
    Thanks
    So, from my other oil pressure issue thread I ended up finding out that my coolant system wasn't pressurising.

Turns out that there was no pressure release valve in the cap! (black bit in the picture below) so the overflow was always open to the coolant in the expansion tank.

New tank, new cap, a few coolant flushes and the coolant system is good as new!

It seems to be a lot quieter and drives nicer now the coolant system is pressurised.... Weird.

Is there any mechanical reason for this? Maybe now the water pump has pressure to push against?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Just T4s