• Show
Clear All

• Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevor View Post
      Anyone from Lecester way going?

Going from Leicester here. What you thinking Trev?

#vanlife

Comment

• Originally posted by Alijbuck View Post
        I’ve just asked a few from our group, I’ll let you know if I can get more, they are all experiencing Vanwest as their first!

Vanwest virgins

Really looking forward to this now [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by frenchdna View Post
          Wish I could come to this.

Would love to join a convoy...

And I really want to meet Reg.

Oh great, another random I've insulted online that's gonna try and punch me in the head.

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
            Oh great, another random I've insulted online that's gonna try and punch me in the head.
            You may as well walk around with a target on your back

Comment

Jez is pretty sound Reg he wouldn't want to punch ya.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post
                You may as well walk around with a target on your back
                I've a T shirt with my name on it that I wear to shows, it saves time and those awkward 'Oi mate are you Regcheeseman' moments.

Comment

I've a T shirt with my name on it that I wear to shows, it saves time and those awkward 'Oi mate are you Regcheeseman' moments.
                  I think there's a lot of people who would just simply like to say hi and thanks to you Reg. You've been a pillar of good sound advice for years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                    I think there's a lot of people who would just simply like to say hi and thanks to you Reg. You've been a pillar of good sound advice for years.
                    erm shucks

Meanwhile......some thoughts.......

When I've camped with the caddy forum there has been a strong community vibe, I hope we can get the same thing going.

I've a coleman shelter I can bring, but its probably not big enough for all of us, I've got a massive gazebo that would cope but it's a mission to errect and not the sturdiest, even a huge tarp stretched out between a couple of vans would create a nice central hub for the gathering.

I've got a large firepit with a barbie grill which I normally bring, and most people turn up with a bag of logs for the evening, or a few bags of charcoal for cooking during the day

Obviously food for the barbie, if you are cooking - chuck the lot on, it'll get eaten and someone else will do the honours next time round, no one goes hungry (unless you are a veggie) and the shit you need come Sunday after a weekend of beers and meat will be epic.

A little more adventurous might be a big pot of communal grub like chilli - I did think about some form of cook off but that may be a bit too much.

Basically chill out, do your own thing, have a great time and make some new friends.

What have you got/can bring along to the weekend?

Comment

erm shucks

Meanwhile......some thoughts.......

When I've camped with the caddy forum there has been a strong community vibe, I hope we can get the same thing going.

I've a coleman shelter I can bring, but its probably not big enough for all of us, I've got a massive gazebo that would cope but it's a mission to errect and not the sturdiest, even a huge tarp stretched out between a couple of vans would create a nice central hub for the gathering.

I've got a large firepit with a barbie grill which I normally bring, and most people turn up with a bag of logs for the evening, or a few bags of charcoal for cooking during the day

Obviously food for the barbie, if you are cooking - chuck the lot on, it'll get eaten and someone else will do the honours next time round, no one goes hungry (unless you are a veggie) and the shit you need come Sunday after a weekend of beers and meat will be epic.

A little more adventurous might be a big pot of communal grub like chilli - I did think about some form of cook off but that may be a bit too much.

Basically chill out, do your own thing, have a great time and make some new friends.

What have you got/can bring along to the weekend?
                      Community vibe .... I like the sound of that.

I have a Coleman 5mx5m aswell with 2 sides.

4 would be great?

We use an old stainless washing machine drum as our fire pit and a tressel table plus collapsable picnic bench.
                      Last edited by Activ8; 17 May 2019, 01:15 AM.

Comment

• Yep defo, all try and camp so we leave a communal space, our group fires are usually one of the highlights of Vanwest!
                        So looking forward to it!

My T4 Ruby....She squeaks and rattles but I wouldn't change her for the world!

Comment

Ha,ha,ha....

Don’t panic Reg. I’ve no intention or reason to assault you matey...lol

Just thought it would be good to shake your hand and thank you for the advice you’ve given me in the past.

I won’t meet you this time...maybe next year.

All good.

Frenchy.

Comment

• If I make it I’m planning to travel light this time and not bring an awning and just live out of the van and have the sun canopy up, putting up ( and putting away) the vango is a massive effort for a night or two. This would leave room to bring the fire pit and a few extra bits.

Slowly slowly catchy monkey!

Comment

• We'll be pushing the Event during June in preparation for confirming final JT4 van numbers in July to the organisers.

As Reg says, "What have you got/can bring along to the weekend?"
                              Last edited by Activ8; 17 May 2019, 08:26 AM.

Comment

• Fancy dress theme Saturday night?
                                Or minimum Just T4s T-Shirt / Hoodie dress code, kids too?

Comment

Working...
                                X