Still New To T4..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still New To T4..

Hi Gang... So I've driven a couple of hundred miles in Snoopy now (2.5 88bhp) and keeping him around the 50mph mark he's turning at 20 1/min x100.... 37mpg... I can make the mpg drop to 33mpg driving harder and keeping him under 70mph...
    Question [emoji780] has he got a standard 5th gear or does yours do better?....

Sent from my E6653 using Just T4s

Welcome!

Not sure what this mpg is you talk about.

Whats the revs at 60? 2K at 50 mph seems about right for standard. Mines got a higher 5th set fitted and pulls 60 at 2K. You dont see much of an increase in mpg with taller gearing as you are still trying to propel a large heavy brick shaped object through the air at speed.

Nice van - looks clean.

Comment

Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
      Welcome!

Not sure what this mpg is you talk about.

Whats the revs at 60? 2K at 50 mph seems about right for standard. Mines got a higher 5th set fitted and pulls 60 at 2K. You dont see much of an increase in mpg with taller gearing as you are still trying to propel a large heavy brick shaped object through the air at speed.

Nice van - looks clean.
      Hi Regcheeseman..And thanx for the info.. Mpg is a measurement used when you first buy a vehicle.. I've just swapped a petrol Jaguar (also measured it's mpg once)...I'm definitely interested in the lower engine speeds for a faster mph........[emoji604][emoji100]

Comment

The Mpg your getting from snoopy is about right ,I get anything between 30-38 mpg with my 2.5 ajt ( 88bhp ) I’m hoping to get it mapped next year ,just to give me a little extra hp / torque now that I’m carrying a lot of weight around .

Comment

Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post
          The Mpg your getting from snoopy is about right ,I get anything between 30-38 mpg with my 2.5 ajt ( 88bhp ) I’m hoping to get it mapped next year ,just to give me a little extra hp / torque now that I’m carrying a lot of weight around .
          Good point Fruitbat...I'll put Snoopy on a weighbridge while he's still an empty van... [emoji604][emoji100]

Comment

Originally posted by Snoopy View Post
            .I'm definitely interested in the lower engine speeds for a faster mph.......
            Fifth gear mod then. Cheap and very popular effective mod

Comment

Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
              Fifth gear mod then. Cheap and very popular effective mod
              Unless there's a 6 speed option to consider? [emoji848]

Comment

Originally posted by Snoopy View Post
                Hi Gang... So I've driven a couple of hundred miles in Snoopy now (2.5 88bhp) and keeping him around the 50mph mark he's turning at 20 1/min x100.... 37mpg... I can make the mpg drop to 33mpg driving harder and keeping him under 70mph...
                Question [emoji780] has he got a standard 5th gear or does yours do better?....

Hi mate, wish I'd found a T4 that clean and original. Still can't get over it's condition.
                Other factor to consider is tyre/wheel size will alter gear ratio results too.
                With how honest snoopy looks, I would deffo say will be standard 5th gear.[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

Working...
                X