Which van to do first

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which van to do first

Hi newbie to posting but have been looking and reading for some time ! Have many questions to ask as when it comes to mechanics I’m a bit off a f#}k wit !!!! Have a lwb 2.4 which has been sat on the drive for far too long and become an extension to my shed and also a 2.5 tdi which is on the road but has its faults !! It likes to mark its territory which not only costs on topping up is mot fail I here ! Would like them both running and fitted out that way I can sleep on 1 with the dog and the better half can either sleep in the other or drive herself to a b@b ! Her choice! Will add pics tomorrow if I can work it out !!! Computer half wit also ! Plus it’s beer o’clock!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Paisley pup View Post
    Hi newbie to posting but have been looking and reading for some time ! Have many questions to ask as when it comes to mechanics I’m a bit off a f#}k wit !!!! Have a lwb 2.4 which has been sat on the drive for far too long and become an extension to my shed and also a 2.5 tdi which is on the road but has its faults !! It likes to mark its territory which not only costs on topping up is mot fail I here ! Would like them both running and fitted out that way I can sleep on 1 with the dog and the better half can either sleep in the other or drive herself to a b@b ! Her choice! Will add pics tomorrow if I can work it out !!! Computer half wit also ! Plus it’s beer o’clock!!!!!!!
    IMG_0451.jpg

Comment

Rubbish pics I know but was just trying to work out how to post

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Welcome mate,just ask away,plenty of knowledgeable people on here to answer your questions and point you in the right direction.

Comment

Two promising vans there mate. Does the one not start or just not been run for ages. As for the oil leak, if its washed off when you take for test if its not absolutely pissing out a sensible tester will advice and pass. Keep us updated .
          Last edited by S49; 30 November 2018, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
            Two promising vans there mate. Does the one not start or just not been run for ages. As for the oil leak, if its washed off when you take for test if its not absolutely pissing out a sensible tester will advice and pass. Keep us update .
            Running out as fast as I put it in !! Hence saying looking at filter ! At least its marking its territory with nice clear oil but costing more in oil than deisel nearly ! Which makes me wonder if oil filter is loose !!! Booked into garage for next week drove off to go to Aldi and half way there flashing engine management light !!! Dose this van know it’s nearly Christmas and I have other things to be wasting / spending my money on!!!

Comment

Definitely needs sorting then, could be oil pressure switch. Not so familiar with the 2.4 and 2.5 but would have thought there would be an oil pressure switch on the filter housing. If its that they are pennies and you should be able to do yourself. Have a look up the back of the motor in the day light with it running if you can.

Comment

Hello welcome and pics are easy
                The first should be the one tour more attached to.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

Running out as fast as I put it in !! Hence saying looking at filter ! At least its marking its territory with nice clear oil but costing more in oil than deisel nearly ! Which makes me wonder if oil filter is loose !!! Booked into garage for next week drove off to go to Aldi and half way there flashing engine management light !!! Dose this van know it’s nearly Christmas and I have other things to be wasting / spending my money on!!!

Sorry s49 yes other one runs just not been fired up for year and scarred that the belts may have perished and snap !paranoid maybe but don’t trust my luck

Comment

Hi and welcome on board matey.

Comment

Welcome aboard buddy

Comment

Good luck with all your plans, this could be an amazing dual build thread 🤙🏽🤙🏽🤙🏽

Comment

Sorry s49 yes other one runs just not been fired up for year and scarred that the belts may have perished and snap !paranoid maybe but don’t trust my luck

Totally understand the nervousness, especially if you don't know when the timing belt was last changed. As we know rubber degrades over time as do the fibres that make up modern belts. I would get it changed before starting it if possible, or make sure you get the cover off and turn it over by hand to at least have a better idea of condition. But ultimately it needs changed for peace of mind. Too many vans end up with snapped belts and being broken up for parts nowadays. Good luck with the projects[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
                            Definitely needs sorting then, could be oil pressure switch. Not so familiar with the 2.4 and 2.5 but would have thought there would be an oil pressure switch on the filter housing. If its that they are pennies and you should be able to do yourself. Have a look up the back of the motor in the day light with it running if you can.
                            Hi had the oil leak looked at today apparently it leaking from turbo return pipe gasket shot and a bolt missing so that would do it !

Comment

Working...
                            X