Marvellous!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marvellous!

This is the reason we’ve kept our van, start of the summer holidays, just a great weekend and a hop across town for us.
    Excellent camping facilities, hot powerful showers, good beer, loads of good food, good atmosphere.
    And almost forgot 10 hours plus of live music each day on three stages....
    Tribute bands - believe me they are good as the festival MC is Pete Lincoln, him of the Sweet, Sailor, and a hard working solo artist.
    Line up TBA as always but we book up no matter what, knowing it’s going to be a fantastic weekend.
    Just off M4 J10. 20/21 July.
    Www.marvellousfestivals.com

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
    Last edited by Mickandsej; 4 November 2018, 10:35 AM.

Tickets selling fast and the line up is filling up and looking great for 2019!
    I’m a small part in the organisation of this great event - looking after the camping side of things. If anyone fancies earning free tickets by volunteering for a half days worth of mucking in - such as car parking, camper guidance, general helping out front of house, please get in touch!
    This is a proper safe family event for kids from 0 to older and the camping aspect is one of the best festivals, on site short walk from van to event, very good toilets and showers, sensible security presence and year in year there’s never been any trouble whatsoever. If you have little ones there’s loads for them to do and if you don’t there’s loads for you too, walk to wall music, beers, food and general feet up enjoy yourself.
    If we get enough from here could even sort out a Dub corner on the site!
    Obviously it’s off grid camping but completely civilised.
    My Mrs been going for 15 years now and this is my sixth year, I helped a bit last year and I’ve earned more work this year so that’s why I’m plugging it even more, I get nothing out of it other than a great weekend a start to the summer hols.
    Just off M4 J10.
    See the above link for full info but again if you fancy coming early on the Friday you can get your best pitch and even earn your way in.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickandsej View Post
      Tickets selling fast and the line up is filling up and looking great for 2019!
      I’m a small part in the organisation of this great event - looking after the camping side of things. If anyone fancies earning free tickets by volunteering for a half days worth of mucking in - such as car parking, camper guidance, general helping out front of house, please get in touch!
      This is a proper safe family event for kids from 0 to older and the camping aspect is one of the best festivals, on site short walk from van to event, very good toilets and showers, sensible security presence and year in year there’s never been any trouble whatsoever. If you have little ones there’s loads for them to do and if you don’t there’s loads for you too, walk to wall music, beers, food and general feet up enjoy yourself.
      If we get enough from here could even sort out a Dub corner on the site!
      Obviously it’s off grid camping but completely civilised.
      My Mrs been going for 15 years now and this is my sixth year, I helped a bit last year and I’ve earned more work this year so that’s why I’m plugging it even more, I get nothing out of it other than a great weekend a start to the summer hols.
      Just off M4 J10.
      See the above link for full info but again if you fancy coming early on the Friday you can get your best pitch and even earn your way in.

Sounds good , so how many would be needed to put a Forum Camping Area together?

Comment

Doesn’t have to be formalised at all - it’s very free reign so long as everyone’s reasonable with the amount of space they use. In the past people have turned up late but a mate has bagged a space for them, this year I’m trying to plan a way of contacting all motorhome ticket purchasers to gauge the amount and size of groups. Plus there’s always the solo vans which of course are also welcome.

Comment

That’s actually only 2 n half hours away .... 🧐 could be done ... not this month tho

Comment

Originally posted by jo t4 View Post
            That’s actually only 2 n half hours away .... 🧐 could be done ... not this month tho

That would be Marvellous Jo!

Comment

I’m doing a site visit next month as the camper site is moving to a flatter area back stage. Would anyone have any opinions on how to lay out - either back to fence with awning to side (which with large d/a awnings makes it more cramped) or awnings to the fence (more privacy, get a nice line of vans)?

Comment

3 hours for me.
                Dinton Pastures Country Park
                Davis St, Hurst, Wokingham RG10 0TH
                0118 974 6343
                https://maps.app.goo.gl/9Y8i8

Comment

Working...
                X