• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Grimshaw

T4 convertion,Shit electrics under bonnet 🤬

Originally posted by John Grimshaw View Post
    T4 convertion,Shit electrics under bonnet 🤬
    More pics , more info , who's done the work , at what stage are you at.... donor info & engine code used ....

Comment

Pretty sure with all the info the good folk on here will find a solution John.

Comment

Met a few people like this

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Hi Activ8 engine fitted by bodgit and scarper , drives ok just needs new loom to sort out electric problems ��

Comment

Hi Activ8 engine fitted by bodgit and scarper , drives ok just needs new loom to sort out electric problems ��
            Good luck with that, you'll not find one.

What electrical problems and which loom? There's 2 under the bonnet and a few sub looms as well.

Comment

Hi to regcheeseman , holy shit that’s made my problem a lot easier ! not �� no speedo or rev counter but I have been told it may be a dashboard p c b fault, plus the dash has two red and one yellow light on when driving,happy motoring !

Comment

Hi to regcheeseman , holy shit that’s made my problem a lot easier ! not �� no speedo or rev counter but I have been told it may be a dashboard p c b fault, plus the dash has two red and one yellow light on when driving,happy motoring !
                That little bit of info helps - not an engine bay wiring issue at all by the sounds of it..

Now maybe a few more clues.... what was van originally, what engine has it been converted too? Was the loom swapped, clocks?

The led lights - oil/temp/charge/glowplug ??? which ones are lit up?

Are there wires to the sensors on the engine?

The rev counter and LED lights could well be explained by the loom to the alternator not being plugged in?

The speedo....not related.

Comment

Wiring gremilns on a TDI conversion?

Is your loom still running the big round multi-plug on the engine side of the harness? (Front of the block, right hand side?). If this isn't fully 'home' and earthed you'll get no end of issues...

Get some pics up of your messy wires - just for a laugh! [emoji16][emoji106]

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Just T4s
                  '00 1.9TDI LWB, '87 Mk2 Golf 16v

Wheel or tyre question? Just ask, it's what i do!

Comment

Hi not sure about original engine, Passat 2ltr convertion fitted loom not changed spare wires everywhere, all sensors seem to be in place, oil pressure, glow plug and coolant level lights on ��

Comment

Need to get vagcom and a lead , will give answers as to what is an isn’t working .. whereabouts are you ?

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Hi A van many thanks will check this out this weekend, not much daylight when I get home !

Comment

Not sure vagcom will be much help here - just needs a methodical going through the wiring and eliminating possible faults systematically.

I can send you a wiring guide and help you read it if required.

Do you own a multimeter or continuity checker?

Start by telling us what wires are floating around the bay and what wires are connected to what sensor - also the connections on the back of the alt.

Photos would help. a lot.

Comment

John Grimshaw

Hi reg c will check out your ideas this weekend when I’ve got some daylight 😎 ! !

Comment

Hi not sure about original engine, Passat 2ltr convertion fitted loom not changed spare wires everywhere, all sensors seem to be in place, oil pressure, glow plug and coolant level lights on ��
                              Hang on...

2.0 petrol or 1.9 diesel?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Just T4s
                              '00 1.9TDI LWB, '87 Mk2 Golf 16v

Wheel or tyre question? Just ask, it's what i do!

Comment

Working...
                              X