New problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New problem

Had my ABS light flashing and beeping at me for a week or so when I start the van
    Since the ABS wires have been chopped since I bought the van 4 years ago I don't think that's the prob
    So I stick the laptop on with vcds lite to see fault code and fuk what the hell is this lot
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20181006_174009.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	272529

I tried a new N109 solenoid but just the same

Comment

When you say the ABS wires have been "chopped" do you mean repaired at some point or disconnected ?

Comment

I thought you can only cut the brake pad sensor wires.

Comment

Check the single cable on the top of the fuel shut off valve on the pump. It sits above the 5 pumped fuel lines. Trace & check that cable back to the plug at junction plate underneath the engine block.

Comment

Ignore all those faults. Red herrings.

Clear codes and re-scan.

You'll probably find a brake pad wear wire not twisted together and scotchlocked properly.

Comment

There is only one actual fault! The rest is just text. The ABS has also passed its self test. What's to recheck?

Last edited by Activ8; 1 November 2018, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                There is only one actual fault! The rest is just text. The ABS has also passed its self test. What's to recheck?
                I know (the OP didn't seem to)

I'll bet it's a old fault and unrelated - a clear and rescan would confirm if it is still present.

I'm also guessing that the fault described may not actually be the wholly accurate....

Comment

Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                  I know (the OP didn't seem to)

I'll bet it's a old fault and unrelated - a clear and rescan would confirm if it is still present.

I'm also guessing that the fault described may not actually be the wholly accurate....
                  Its an error that will flash the ABS light up at start up plus that daft junction & plug arrangement underneath is simply asking for problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagles02 View Post
                    I thought you can only cut the brake pad sensor wires.
                    Thats the one mate

Comment

Will have another bash at this on Sunday
                      I hate fekkin wiring gremlins

Comment

Working...
                      X