Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel ballast resistor

ive a 2.5 tdi 2001 t4 .
    im having trouble with the speedo and fuel gauge .
    does the t4 have a fuel ballast resistor ? if so where can i find it ?

Don't know the answer unfortunately but thought i'd bump it to the top so one of our electrical wizz's may have the answer.

Comment

ok thanks ,to be more specific , fuse 15 blows when the ignition is turned on,then the speedo doesn't work and the fuel gauge needle floats up and down.ive replaced the speedo sender and now im wondering if the fuel gauge sender is at fault

Comment

Originally posted by dez View Post
        ok thanks ,to be more specific , fuse 15 blows when the ignition is turned on,then the speedo doesn't work and the fuel gauge needle floats up and down.ive replaced the speedo sender and now im wondering if the fuel gauge sender is at fault
        I've had similar problems to yours with my clocks. I ended up buying some from Germany. These also have started to play up. I now suspect it's the connection plug that the clocks plug into. I would check this first, maybe.
        Me cago en la madre que te pariĆ³!

Comment

Possibly cracked solders inside the clocks, not done a t4 but volvos are prone to these type of faults as are coaches I have done.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Just T4s

Comment

Hiya matey. Fuse 15 is indeed feed to speedo sender and the oil level/temp sensor on the sump.
            First up id disconnect both plugs at the sensors and see if that cures the fuse popping issue. If it doesent then atleast you know there's a wiring issue. Id then be checking the wiring for signs they have rubbed through somewhere in the engine bay and causing a dead short.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Just T4s

Comment

Also there's no seperate balast resistor for the fuel gauge.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Just T4s

Comment

thanks, i`ll give it a go

Comment

Working...
                X