New T4 Owner Hants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New T4 Owner Hants

I've just bought a M Reg 1994 T4, first one for me, its a little tatty inside, getting the oil and filters done and cambelt changed, fuel and temp gauge don't work, seems to be a common issue? Also the temp light came on last night during a short journey, then off, then on again, can anyone advise, or am I best letting the garage resolve it?

Hi and welcome mate, the early t4 dash seems to be a bit fragile, the joints on the pcb tend to go dry and cause all the faults you mentioned. Just a case of taking it out and carefully resoldering it.

Sent from my vernee_M5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Cheers mate, i'll try and have a look over the weekend!

Comment

Hello and welcome, just ask theres loads of help on here. No good me with that one as ours is the later dash, just had the usual blue/white wire to alternator trouble on ours. Happy dubbing.

Comment

Hello and welcome, hold on and enjoy! The t4 is relatively easy to sort out so people have already done it, meaning the experience is out there, and an ask away.
          We do need pics though [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

Welcome and enjoy getting Dubitis, I’m new as well, picked my van up Tuesday, for all their little niggles they are amazing 🤙🏽🤙🏽🤙🏽

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

I picked mine up Tuesday as well, getting the engine bits sorted out first, then together with my brother in law (who is very handy at everything, except engines!!) will sort the inside out, having seen his work before, i'm sure the back is going to end up like a five star hotel!!

Comment

Welcome aboard , i"m like you , new to all about the T4 but loving it all!

Comment

evening and welcome

Comment

Hello and welcome to the group buddy, Hampshire all the way 🤙🏻[emoji2]

Sent from my iPad using Just T4s

Comment

Welcome to the forum and enjoy the van, plenty of weekends away
                      Up there for thinking, down there for dancing.

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Welcome on board, another Hants member here too
                          Life's Better at the Beach

Comment

Does anyone know where I can get hold of a VW Key, the one with the badge at the top, I know what I mean, I've got two keys for me van, but they are a little old and bendy!

Comment

I got a couple of proper vdub blanks off fleabay 7.99 I think non chip type.

Comment

Working...
                              X