X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mk 7 transit intercooler

Sent from my I3113 using Just T4s

Comment

• With the weather being so shit lately its been a bit difficult to get out at the weekends. Needed to get the sump and oil pick up so dad and I sorted what we needed and he tigged it with an extender.
      We got it wrong first time so had to do it again but a bit shorter. Today I put it on and put a piece of tig welding strips to check how deep it was with reference to the oil p/up and I'm happy now. Just need to put some sealant round it and it's done. Right wing was rotted like last weeks sandwich. Ordered a new one and sprayed it up. Pretty pleased with it but could be better but the rest of the van isn't much to go by cosmetically lol.
      Also got the issue with the dipstick being well in the wrong position so bent and heated it and cable tied it in position to cool down. Really got to get on with things now as might be moving the end of march so need to get as much as I can.
      I also brought some transit seats which I need to make the quick release mounts for. There a bit shabby but bloody comfy.
      Trying to upload photos but keeps failing.

Comment

• Manged to get them on

Attached Files

Comment

• Pick up

Attached Files

Comment

• Well done bud, good to see its tickling along. The forum is programmed to reject Ford parts, so we'll take your word for how comfortable they are ..... tut tut! ;-)

Comment

• Ha thought there might of been a comment like that! Had to take the arm rest off because it wasn't going to fit with them on. Lol there's the pic here of the brackets I gotta make.

Attached Files

Comment

• Did a few more bits today as the weather very kindly held off. Also changed the bushes on the gear linkage. I had to improvise with my work mate bench as I still don't have a vice. To get the balls off I cut a v shape and peeled it back. Then comes to press the new ones I put a very small amount of lube on the shafts. (Ooo arr Mrs) then I cut a piece of plate for the ball to be pressed against. It was a bit fiddly but we got there as its not as straight a press as a vice. Got there in the end. If anything the new ball socket in was a bitch. All bolted back on now as I found the ball clamp which I thought I lost.

Attached Files

Comment

• With the move coming up shortly its high time to get rid of the crap around so the donor skoda had its complete loom stripped and has gone to scrap

Attached Files

Comment

• Ain't been on here for a while.
                    Just been a bit occupied with stuff at home. Was meant to be moving on th 29th of march but was postponed due to borris putting the lockdown in place on the Tuesday b4.
                    Problem was I took my van to my parents place the weekend before so it was out the way but now I have more time then ever that I could of cracked on with it. Still working but on split shifts so can do jobs in between easier.
                    Anyway I need to get this van done so I am going to speak to someone about doing for me elsewhere.
                    Anyway along with cleaning the carbs to clean on my bike I have started making the rear seat mounts for the van.
                    Excuse the welding but I was happy with it.

Attached Files

Comment

• Gasless? Looks solid enough. Considering the use, maybe weld both sides or add a gusset between two uprights?

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                        Gasless? Looks solid enough. Considering the use, maybe weld both sides or add a gusset between two uprights?
                        Wow reg! I'll take that compliment with pride from you lol.
                        Yeah it's gasless. As in a gusset do you mean placing it on the bottom and welding it in. Also would two high tensile mushroom bolts be the best bet. M10?

Comment

• Managed to get hold of a bloke that can sort my loom. Apparently my new loom is quite similar to the pd engines.
                          Just got to send him both looms and special requirements and it should be plug and play.

Comment

• Hi you lot! Been a hidden under a rock the last couple months still working and our move put on hold. With that the van was over my parents out of the way for the move until I had enough and we towed it back on Friday. Started by grinding back the rust and primer and painting the the arches and the seals. And sprayed up the filler area black.
                            Made it look a bit more tidier.
                            Also started making the side exit exhaust but no where near finished.
                            Spoke to the bloke that's meant to be making up my loom and he's starting it this week.
                            Also set about doing the a/c delete as it's doing my nut hanging on the engine so I spoke to Darkside Developments and they had a second hand non ac mounting plate for that engine and shorter aux belt. Basicly the alternator and p/s pump swap places. Also the Mrs has put her foot down and I'm not aloud to put the transit rear seat in the back. I have to find somthing nicer.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• When ever I've tried to fit anything none Vdub to S49 its contrived to make the job a no go. Fecking thing knows I tell thee. Rover seats spring to mind.

Comment

• I know. Its a pain. I will get there in the end lol

Comment

Working...
                                X