No announcement yet.

Buddy the bus build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update! Lack of photos for what has been done. Yesterday i cut the drivers side engine mount out as it no longer need then found if i use the original abl intake and put the maf sensor on that. The plan is to make a bracket to hold it in place with a chavvy cone filter on.
    I have had to cut the oil breather off and made a plate for it. I still gotta attach it.
    Somehow i have lost the clevis bracket for the gear box. Hopfully it turns up.
    Dad came round and we focused on the skoda loom coming out. Engine side is out and on the engine to just figure out what and where. With most things labelled it made light work. The speedo came out of the Skoda and we swapped the backof the clocks over with the dials which are practically identical. Just the rest of the loom to take out. Picture of the front end on my kitchen floor as i was shiitting it i had made a gash in the lino while taking it out of the loft. Luckily no damage because my mrs would of gone ape shit.

It's not about following the trend .... It's about making it!

Comment

• Boy racer alert! Hopefully be able to make a mount in the engine bay tommrowif the weather is ok. If not gonna strip the dash down.

Comment

• Update! After the rain passed i practically ran outside. Grabbed my welder and got to work. I managed to find the gear box brace from the skoda so i nicked that with a bit of bending i managed to make it sit right. But need to find summit else on the other side of the maf. I had a old gazzebo thats sat in the trailer for scrap. Ideal! Need summit flexible but strong so o cut a bit off and drilled out the hole larger. Got to work welding it i with the gasless.
        Now! Im not proud of this but its done its job and is strong enough. Looks like a seagull has flown low. But whos gonna really see it when its fully back together. Air filter back together and mounted up. = chuffed

Comment

• Originally posted by bradleigh2 View Post
          Update! I had a old gazzebo thats sat in the trailer for scrap. Ideal!

Not ideal. Better to seat the pipework in a large U shaped bracket to allow for movement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
            Not ideal. Better to seat the pipework in a large U shaped bracket to allow for movement.
            Do you know actually crossed my mind.

Comment

• Might put some spings in between the bolts similar to some exhaust bolts work

Comment

• Not much this weekend just dad came round and we took the dash out of the Skoda. Started looking at the wiring etc

Comment

Not much this weekend just dad came round and we took the dash out of the Skoda. Started looking at the wiring etc

Brad. I've got you that sidestep.
                  Does that Skoda gearlever mech use cables.... if so, let me know how much for it complete to the gearbox. Cheers.

Comment

Does that Skoda gearlever mech use cables.... if so, let me know how much for it complete to the gearbox. Cheers.
                    Magpie strikes again

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by Greeny gtc View Post
                      Magpie strikes again

Yep - but better that than chucking it all?

Comment

Yep - but better that than chucking it all?
                        True

Comment

Nice mate thank you. Yes i have got all the complete set mate. You dont want the gear box do you? Cuz i was planning on nicking 5th gear out of it. Ill get the cables off the car end of the week i suspect. And bits off the g.box

Comment

Nice mate thank you. Yes i have got all the complete set mate. You dont want the gear box do you? Cuz i was planning on nicking 5th gear out of it. Ill get the cables off the car end of the week i suspect. And bits off the g.box

Nope don't need the gearbox bud.
                            What fifth is in it?
                            What's the gearbox code?

Comment

Nope don't need the gearbox bud.
                              What fifth is in it?
                              What's the gearbox code?
                              O2j ? I think

Comment

• Done a bit of welding over Christmas and tonight picked up a mark 7 intercooler. Probably more to come over the weekend

Sent from my I3113 using Just T4s

Comment

Working...
                                X