Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greeny gtc View Post
    Have you checked the oil level?

Pass on the gauges but it sounds like either the connectors are not in correctly or the cluster is goosed.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s
    I'll check it tomorrow mate but the fella I bought it off was aware of the oil light and said it was a dirty sensor and needed replacing, he's also said he'll buy the sensor and send it off to me..

Comment

Originally posted by Irishranger View Post
      Hello just picked up my T4, I've got a couple of question. The T4 is a Vw 800 special TD SWB, engine size 1.9. The vehicle is a conversion in progress and I've got other ideas to make it suit my needs, however this will follow with a lot of questions so I aplogise for that now lol. When I drove the T4 home the red oil light was on and off with a warning noise, the guy said it would be a dirty sensor? Also the spedo, fuel and temperature gauges I don't think are giving a correct reading? The spedo was bouncing all over the show, the fuel gauge was moving around a little and when I was driving the temperature gauge didn't move, when I stooped the tempeture gauge raised a little? Anyone got any experience with these problems? TIA
      Don't apologise, just stick around and have your problems slowly eradicated. Welcome aboard. .
      Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
        Don't apologise, just stick around and have your problems slowly eradicated. Welcome aboard. .
        Thanks very much ��

Comment

Yes, stick around there's plenty of know who on here. Had no trouble yet with our dash. Could be dry soldered joint or voltage regulator, Activ or Reg would be the people to ask. But by almeans keep firing the questions out.

Comment

Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
            you and me both jerry
            That describes me too, but welcome
            Life's Better at the Beach

Comment

Buy yourself the T4 Haynes Manual it's a great little book for getting your head round most jobs. Do some visual checks in the engine bay tracing the looms 1st, look for bodges / wiring repairs, remove the instrument cluster and clean up the plug and connector with contact cleaner.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                Buy yourself the T4 Haynes Manual it's a great little book for getting your head round most jobs. Do some visual checks in the engine bay tracing the looms 1st, look for bodges / wiring repairs, remove the instrument cluster and clean up the plug and connector with contact cleaner.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s
                Thanks very much, I've got one ordered. I'll track the looms in the engine bay and see if anything is wrong or doesn't look right.

Comment

A little late but welcome to the site buddy, a great bunch on here if you ever need anything.

Comment

Very late, but welcome!
                    I don’t know if you have solved your instrument issues but I had similar problems (not Speedo though) and have found that it was down to poor connections throughout. I have the later clocks. I removed and cleaned / elecrolubed every connection I could get my hands on (including the binnacle and sensor connectors). Last one appears to be the alternator which makes the tacho misread.
                    Hope this helps or you have solved it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X