Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My 88bhp lwb twin slider ex taxi, ex tour bus caravelle.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
    So mounting the seat direct on the T4 bases they're too high, so you've dumped the bases for box section?
    Yes mate exactly that.

Building not buying[emoji56]

Comment

Originally posted by Biff View Post
      Yes mate exactly that.

Cheers. [emoji106]

Comment

Sounds like our Rover seats all over again. Have since seen loads at shows and the like with seats miles too high. Nice fix the box section. What then scuppered ours was the width...nearly took me hand off letting the handbrake off.Our van just wont let me use anything but Vdub.

Comment

Cheers. [emoji106]
          I’ve got 2 options, remove the swivel or modify/relocate the handbrake.
          I’ve looked but can’t seem to find anyone having this issue before. [emoji849]

Comment

Why not move the seat a bit to the right? And adjust the hand break, so the handle don't travel so far?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by Hans View Post
              Why not move the seat a bit to the right? And adjust the hand break, so the handle don't travel so far?

Seats as far over as possible.
              I’m thinking adjust the handbrake so it ratchets on a couple of clicks & cut the ratchet mechanism to suit.
              I’d have to modify the cowling so it clears also then was thinking trim it in some faux blue leather I have.
              Another option is to get a longer cable modify that & move the whole lever forward. [emoji85]

Comment

I’ve got 2 options, remove the swivel or modify/relocate the handbrake.
                I’ve looked but can’t seem to find anyone having this issue before. [emoji849]

Electric operated handbrake?
                Ford S-Max style handbrake lever?
                Merc foot brake / hand release?

Comment

Electric operated handbrake?
                  Ford S-Max style handbrake lever?
                  Merc foot brake / hand release?
                  I’ve seen a t5 with a modified Passat rear calliper set up. I’d like to keep it vag but I know things like switches could be coded on newer canbus systems. I’m not that clued up when it comes to wires & sparks give me cables & levers any day! [emoji23]

Comment

I’ve seen a t5 with a modified Passat rear calliper set up. I’d like to keep it vag but I know things like switches could be coded on newer canbus systems. I’m not that clued up when it comes to wires & sparks give me cables & levers any day! [emoji23]

The Passat servo assisted rear caliper comes in two sizes. There's a 5/112 282x12mm disc version 3C0615404 or 404E. Carriers are 3C0615425 . Cable connector 1J0973722 . Don't ask how I know this! [emoji6] Let me know if I can help.

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                      The Passat servo assisted rear caliper comes in two sizes. There's a 5/112 282x12mm disc version 3C0615404 or 404E. Carriers are 3C0615425 . Cable connector 1J0973722 . Don't ask how I know this! [emoji6] Let me know if I can help.
                      Do you work at all or just Google?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by Greeny gtc View Post
                        Do you work at all or just Google?

I'm working all the time and constantly collating tons of info for ideas Greeny. Always happy to help. You on nights / late shift at the mo?

Comment

• Yea lates this week.
                          I just wish I could Google as fast as I have the ideas

Comment

• Or remember the ideas for when I can Google them

Comment

• Originally posted by Biff View Post

Me too. I can only understand what i can touch and see. Old fashion electrics ok, but not electronic

Comment

• Originally posted by Greeny gtc View Post
                                Or remember the ideas for when I can Google them

Too many plans, not enough time. I better get back to work...

Comment

Working...
                                X