Temp/fuel gauge alternatives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temp/fuel gauge alternatives

Quite possibly the temp/fuel gauge is screwed. Still investigating but thinking ahead.
    I am darn sure that this is also fitted to other vehicles but don't know which so its rather hard asking in the breakers yard.
    I have a N plated T4 with the 1.9 td engine. Does anyone know other VW vehicles with the same gauge?

pretty common fault.

if it's both gauges reading nothing then it's the voltage reg - about 79p from maplin.

Or I have a set of clocks here that might suit

Comment

We've just got a P plate 2.0 litre petrol. it appears to have a mark 3 golf cluster and stalks. Not sure what works and what dont as we have only moved it yards off the trailer. The clue was the extra hazard switch on the stalks. Dont know if this a common mod or not. If its an easy swap may be worth a try if yours is knackered.

Comment

Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
        it's the voltage reg - about 79p from maplin.
        No Maplin anymore... they gone bust!
        Guess it'll have to be ebay for electrikery now.
        1999 2.5 TDI

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
          We've just got a P plate 2.0 litre petrol. it appears to have a mark 3 golf cluster and stalks. Not sure what works and what dont as we have only moved it yards off the trailer. The clue was the extra hazard switch on the stalks. Dont know if this a common mod or not. If its an easy swap may be worth a try if yours is knackered.
          Think people are using mk3 golf bits to avoid the t4 scene tax Si

Sent from my vernee_M5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mattsccm View Post
            Quite possibly the temp/fuel gauge is screwed. Still investigating but thinking ahead.
            I am darn sure that this is also fitted to other vehicles but don't know which so its rather hard asking in the breakers yard.
            I have a N plated T4 with the 1.9 td engine. Does anyone know other VW vehicles with the same gauge?
            What engine is it for? What's the part number of the cluster? It's the software installed on it, you may need to match, they may look the same but the software on the later types 1999+ ties in with the van. Prior to that, repairs are possible but check the cabling, connections and senders first.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

Hi. Guys i have a spare set of those clocks that work. Again maplins gone belly up now

Comment

Originally posted by rjhoy02 View Post
                Think people are using mk3 golf bits to avoid the t4 scene tax Si

Sent from my vernee_M5 using Tapatalk
                Trouble is there isn't that much of that left either.

Comment

1996 van. We suspect the solder but the needles themselves are a bit rattly and as that dial just lifts of its easy to drop another on as another fix. It's easier to pop into the breakers and ask for one from specific models that's all.

Comment

Before fittig a new voltage stablizer I would check for a dry joit in the mother board. Easy to fix and you should find a how to on line,very common problem B3 &B4 Passat should work as long as you swap analogue for analogue and digital for digital on the 1.9 diesels as yhr digital is TDI and analogue is TD. Swap them tound and the rev counters dont work
                    Think I have a TD motherboard somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by huskyman View Post
                      Hi. Guys i have a spare set of those clocks that work. Again maplins gone belly up now
                      Not quite

https://www.maplin.co.uk/

12v regs you can get online no problem just search for '7812 regulator'

Comment

Working...
                      X