Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.9 TD oil

10/40 ok?
    trouble is I don't know what's in there but I suspect nothing outlandish.

Also can the oil be drained and filter swapped on wheel ramps? Crawling under is no worry.
    Don't know where to drain plug is exactly and can't get to look at the moment.
    Last edited by mattsccm; 7 August 2018, 01:56 PM.

yep - any old turbo diesel specced stuff will do.

can be done without ramps or a jack - on standard suspension.

drop the under tray and it's very accessible - unlike the 2.5 which was designed by a moron.

Comment

Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
      yep - any old turbo diesel specced stuff will do.

can be done without ramps or a jack - on standard suspension.

drop the under tray and it's very accessible - unlike the 2.5 which was designed by a moron.
      Yes. Whilst on that subject. Is it possible to remove the oil filter without covering my face in spent oil? I've changed it five times and still can't work it out
      Me cago en la madre que te pariĆ³!

Comment

Ta.
        Just found that I have been given the wrong oil pressure switch. Box number says brown. Inside is black. Ah well

Comment

Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
          Yes. Whilst on that subject. Is it possible to remove the oil filter without covering my face in spent oil? I've changed it five times and still can't work it out
          keep your face out of the way?

Originally posted by mattsccm View Post
          Ta. Just found that I have been given the wrong oil pressure switch. Box number says brown. Inside is black. Ah well
          Switch pressure should be stamped into the metal body of the switch in BAR - just check they are the same

Comment

If only. The black replacement just says 03/18 which I assumed was a manufacture date and in the plastic is PA6GF30<

Comment

Get it on axle stands or ramps, undertray off if you have one and the jobs no bother. 10/40 or 15/40 fine in those.

Comment

. Ta . Got some 10/40 to go in. Handily had 25 litres from the oil bottling plant in the woods next to me before they closed down.

Comment

Working...
                X