Front wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front wings

One job that im going to have to tackle in the next couple of months is replacing the front wings on my 91 velle, I believe these are the weld on type which is fine because I used to be a welder but how big a job is it to get the old ones off? Ive had a quick look and am I right in saying that part of the bonnet bracket is welded to the wing? has anyone on here tackled the same job?

Couldn't you replace them with the bolt-on type?

Sent from my vernee_M5 using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't know, ive only had my t4 a couple of months so don't know much about them

Comment

Think the profile is the same but the bolt on wings have the grille in the drivers side one for the air intake. I'm sure somebody on here can tell us if it's possible or not. Mine is the long nose model so I'm not sure on the difference between early and post 96 short nose models

Sent from my vernee_M5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Early and late doors arent interchange able according to Dave Sausages. But would suspect with a bit of thought you could use the bolt on wing.
          Last edited by S49; 4 July 2018, 10:42 PM. Reason: Should of read before posting sorry chaps

Comment

Hi. Guys the doors are not interchangeable. You can fit the wings. But you have got to make some brackets. For the inside edge down the door pillar also the wheel arch section is bonded on. You can soften this buy using boiling water down the inside of the wing. I have done this on my 91 van

Good luck guys

Comment

Just reread my post, should have read ARENT interchangeable. Doh! Will edit. Well spotted mate.

Comment

Working...
              X