• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tommo1366 View Post
    I’m thinking trailer..

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
    Plenty of storage space under the bed

Comment

• The Yellew Peril!!

So after hundreds of miles over the last 2 weekends I took the van to work today as needed a bit of extra load space for some fencing. Was starving at lunch and took a rather long and expensive drive to KFC!! First proper breakdown in the Yellow peril! Whoosh sound and loss of power and steering. Luckily I have breakdown cover through A-plan and the recovery truck turned up pretty quickly, so I wasn’t sat there like Fernando Alonso too long in my camping chair. Turns out the nut to hold the fuel pump pulley wasn’t put on properly and was just been held on by the plastic cover. Won’t be using that garage again.. So hopefully not too bad a fix and won’t impact on the boys inheritance too much. Recovery driver had a bit of a mare though, didn’t put the handbrake on and damaged the front of the van🤦🏻*♂️. Another bit of work for me to do. Cheers to all for the quick responses and help! [emoji8]

Never got the KFC.

Slowly slowly catchy monkey!

Comment

• Sorry mate, did u kill the c...t for the damage??

Sent from my SM-T810 using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by Hans View Post
          Sorry mate, did u kill the c...t for the damage??

Sent from my SM-T810 using Just T4s
          No mate. He was great really, it was a pain for him getting the van off due to lack of space at the industrial estate, besides I can fix it in a couple of hours so no need to get him in Barney.

Comment

• It never rains does. At least with it being the injection pump pulley you lost all power and not all your valves as well.

Comment

No mate. He was great really, it was a pain for him getting the van off due to lack of space at the industrial estate, besides I can fix it in a couple of hours so no need to get him in Barney.

That's very nice of u not many pple would be like that hats off to you [emoji106]

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Tapatalk

Comment

• I thought that as well. Top marks Tommo. Nice to see someone keeping a cool head while all others are loosing theirs.

Comment

• At least you weren’t stuck some place remote in the middle of winter ❄️ [emoji106]

Sent from The Alpine Express using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                    It never rains does. At least with it being the injection pump pulley you lost all power and not all your valves as well.
                    Very true mate!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Snowrider View Post
                      At least you weren’t stuck some place remote in the middle of winter ❄️ [emoji106]

Sent from The Alpine Express using Just T4s
                      Not this time..

Comment

• Quick update. Van still at the garage, they’re struggling with the timing ( mentioned something about a lot of codes to read) like the last place! Hopefully have it back before holiday this weekend..

Comment

Quick update. Van still at the garage, they’re struggling with the timing ( mentioned something about a lot of codes to read) like the last place! Hopefully have it back before holiday this weekend..

Alarm bells a ringing Tommo?

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                            Alarm bells a ringing Tommo?
                            A little but the vans been there before and the car, it’s a good garage. Strange though that 3 places have struggled to time it.

Comment

• I had a 2.5 TDI that kept breaking the pump belt back in 2010. Turned out the tensioner another workshop had fitted was crap. Don't know if the belt going tight then slack could throw up codes. Was fine with new tensioner. Just a thought.
                              Last edited by S49; 28 May 2019, 11:02 PM.

Comment

A little but the vans been there before and the car, it’s a good garage. Strange though that 3 places have struggled to time it.

Fingers crossed that they can get it done in time for you...

Why is it that some garages struggle to get it right? Read the notes on Autodata and stop guessing...

If you get stuck mate I think Tipton Garage have got vagcom and the knowledge to get it spot on - although that don't help if it don't run, sorry...

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Just T4s
                                '00 1.9TDI LWB, '87 Mk2 Golf 16v

Wheel or tyre question? Just ask, it's what i do!

Comment

Working...
                                X