Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T4 : Battle Across Time (2010 to present)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by frenchdna View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]12613[/ATTACH]

I need one of these if they got one Rob.
    About £4 new, last time I bought one.

Comment

• I've now been offered that B5254T2 engine from the mint XC70 & all the ancilliaries plus anything else I'd need off of it to make the engine useable for £350.
      Useful to anyone?
      I can sort the ECU but the scrappers didn't want to pay or trade my time for anything useful to get it back on the road.
      Its a variable valve timed turbo'd petrol engine, its a 2.5 L (2,521 cc) straight-five.with a compression ratio of 9.0:1. It is turbocharged and intercooled with a power output of 210 PS (154 kW; 207 hp) at 5000 rpm with 320 N⋅m (240 lb⋅ft) of torque at 1500–4500 rpm.
      Its a local car and got a great no expense spares service history and I know the guys at the independant garage used.
      PM if theres any interest, it'll be kept in one piece for a a week although its been offered to another party I know who breaks only Volvo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
        Latest delivery. You need to upgrade from M16 to M18 for the 313mm carriers. So, M18x1.5x50 front brake carrier bolts.
        VW wanted silly money for 2mm shorter so I bought these 8.8's instead for a fraction of the price.
        What brakes are you looking at using on the front now??

Comment

• Mrs has nipped to London today so while the cats away ... it's time to fire up the Siemens .... "Alexa play "Taste featuring Offset"" ... nip into the garage to fetch a headlight!

Three sessions later at 80°C with an old butter knife (very thin quality Sheffield Blade). The lens can easily be removed from the metal reflector. Take your time if you do it the bond hardens quickly but whilst warm the blade just eases through it. Be careful not to score the inner reflective lens. Phase 1 complete. Examination time then play with a few ideas over a coffee.

Comment

• Originally posted by lister View Post
            What brakes are you looking at using on the front now??
            Staying with V6 313mm on the dayvan otherwise I'd be messing around for 2 years!

Bought an AXG ABS front knuckle and hub to build something for Beast. Although I might ditch the front completely and revise all the suspension with a coilover and electronic actuators system.

Comment

Staying with V6 313mm on the dayvan otherwise I'd be messing around for 2 years!

Bought an AXG ABS front knuckle and hub to build something for Beast. Although I might ditch the front completely and revise all the suspension with a coilover and electronic actuators system.
              Ive been searching high n low for a set of calipers and carriers for sensible money. Gave up on the mercedes upgrade as you just have to modify to many bits and i want to keep the van simple to work on.

Comment

Ive been searching high n low for a set of calipers and carriers for sensible money. Gave up on the mercedes upgrade as you just have to modify to many bits and i want to keep the van simple to work on.
                Exactly. The 313mm carriers are a bugger to find. The 300mm are really cheap by comparison and I've seen the calipers used on OEM vehicles upto 312mm might that be a transition route?

Comment

• This is a useful idea for those who use EHU on sites but need 12vdc converters. An old computer PSU . Almost silent & cooled adaption and with a little pinout research you can reuse the PSU to give you a number of 12vdc feeds.

This HP unit converter has 3 x 12vdc with 15A, 12A & 17.5A feeds, a USB 5vdc 2.0A feed and a couple of other lower voltage high ampage feeds. Max 475W adaptor for zip and it'll run all day and night without a problem!
                  Last edited by Activ8; 8 June 2019, 02:24 PM.

Comment

• Yeah i am starting to think so. My local scrappy had a couple of sharans in but now i thought about getting the calipers they have gone....

Comment

• The Sharan/Alhambra/Galaxy fronts are cheap & easy enough to find but if you want to adapt them to 312 you could look at the Tiguan (I paid £40 for a super clean set and the carrier centres allow enough space to put an adaptor plate in.
                      Originally posted by lister View Post
                      Yeah i am starting to think so. My local scrappy had a couple of sharans in but now i thought about getting the calipers they have gone....

Comment

The Sharan/Alhambra/Galaxy fronts are cheap & easy enough to find but if you want to adapt them to 312 you could look at the Tiguan (I paid £40 for a super clean set and the carrier centres allow enough space to put an adaptor plate in.
                        Just phoned my local scrappy and they have a 56 plate sharan in. Not sure if that late a model will fit....
                        Decided i want something that will just bolt on. Dont fancy making up adapters etc...
                        Last edited by lister; 8 June 2019, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Just phoned my local scrappy and they have a 56 plate sharan in. Not sure if that late a model will fit....
                          Decided i want something that will just bolt on. Dont fancy making up adapters etc...
                          Just looking at ETKA , I think on the 2006-2008, the 300mm carrier is different 7M3 615 125 A but the caliper identical. Completely new brake PR codes. The V6 are the same part numbers.

Comment

• Quick call to a mate down the road and twenty quid later I'm now the proud owner of a T5.....

set of 2005 front headlights. Oh - nice clear lenses. Well it's f'in raining again what do you expect m'heads bouncing off the walls.
                            Last edited by Activ8; 8 June 2019, 04:37 PM.

Comment

• If you carry on at that pace with those lights Rob you'll be kidnapped over the channel to help Turk with his.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                                If you carry on at that pace with those lights Rob you'll be kidnapped over the channel to help Turk with his.
                                Lol. I doubt it Si.

Turks will be a piece of high class engineering and years of methodical improvement in pursuit of perfection.

Mine will be Fuckmuppetry at its worse.

Comment

Working...
                                X