Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T4 : Battle Across Time (2010 to present)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
    ...Really? It's single and only redeemable feature is that it's not a long wheel base!

Comment: clearly meant for Kev (Fruitbat).

Looks good to me what’s not too like ? Could be worse it could be a LWB heap of sh!te

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post
      Looks good to me what’s not too like ? Could be worse it could be a LWB heap of sh!te
      True.... better a SWB heap of shite!
      Just looking for some new transport...

Comment

• Technical Data & Tolerances for the OEM KKK 3K K14 Turbocharger

Click image for larger version

Name:	KKK14 Technical Data K14.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	267226

Comment

• Part wire wheeled & cleaned up one of the 313mm caliper sets in preparation of a full strip and rebuild. They were a right mess to look at. Strip and shot blast to follow. I was quoted £60-£80 for a complete rebuild and powder coating but it's really not a difficult job. I'm using K2 Caliper paint (same as Hans) which gets great reviews and extremely durable but prep is key.

If like my purchases the pistons have been wound back, use low pressure air to extend the piston out. Use different thicknesses of wood inside the caliper to ease the piston out slowly DO NOT FIRE IT OUT with high pressures. Gently peel the seal back beforehand and soak the working edges with WD40/Plusgas for 24 hours (as you don't know how long they've been on the Sellers' shelf for. Check the parts they may be good and reusable.
          Last edited by Activ8; 18 May 2019, 01:40 PM.

Comment

• If you blow the pistons back out keep your fingers out the way. Don't ask but it hurts. What are they off Rob.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
              If you blow the pistons back out keep your fingers out the way. Don't ask but it hurts. What are they off Rob.
              ... hence the wood to ease them out. These are the V6 brakes (same as Hans' T4) Si. Too blinkin heavy for my liking but I'm fitting them as I've bought the bits to fit now and it's just a crappy van.

How do you find the braking on yours with the upgrade to vented discs?

Comment

• Does the servo not need to be bigger too? Or am I being thick?

Comment

• Originally posted by frenchdna View Post
                  Does the servo not need to be bigger too? Or am I being thick?
                  Thick, ...eh?? No Jez ... good question. The brake servos are pretty much the same size in the complete VAG range. My master cylinder is the same size as the V6 @ 25.4mm. Only two sizes were ever fitted (IIRC) to VAG motors 25.4 & 23.8mm. Si will have the 23.8mm hence the earlier question. A lot of the VAG cars run a 23.8 MC with 280mm and smaller discs but they're a lot lighter loaded.
                  Last edited by Activ8; 19 May 2019, 09:43 AM.

Comment

• Don't think you have to upgrade the servo as well Jez. Feels sharper Rob but that could just be new pads and discs.

Comment

• As a bit of history I fitted comptec coated rears for the mot in January then the TDI calipers and vented fronts in March. Think the disc's are the same diameter as the solids but they do feel sharper.

Comment

• What’s the coating for si?

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

• Its almost a grey primer colour and slowly wears off, just keeps them looking nicer for longer as far as I can tell. Volvo supplied disc's used to come like it back in the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonnybigballs85 View Post
                            What’s the coating for si?

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                            Reduces pad/disc binding.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                              Don't think you have to upgrade the servo as well Jez. Feels sharper Rob but that could just be new pads and discs.
                              Should cut the braking distance down a treat?

Comment

• Thought that the other day when I had to hit em hard. Pulled up nice and level.

Comment

Working...
                                X