Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T4 : Battle Across Time (2010 to present)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post

Its the MIL mate, shes battling gravity almost daily despite the aids. No core strength, grip, legs or shoulders. Plus has forgotten how to stand or work out the process (dementia just destroys your faculties). Seeing it 1st hand is frightening!
    Sorry to read this Rob , it must be heart breaking for you and your wife .

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post
      Sorry to read this Rob , it must be heart breaking for you and your wife .
      More so for the Mrs Kev. She's managed to injure her shoulder/back trying to pick her up but lifting a 75kg "dead" weight of the floor without a technique or being strong yourself is an injury waiting to happen!

Then there's the blood connection, she treats her Mum like her "old Mum" but she's simply not their. Very upsetting for them both. Speed of decline is unbelievable.

Comment

• The 90x106cm "Fly Eye" film arrived this morning supplied by VT Supplies Ltd and ordered through Fleabay for £7.49 and free P&P.
        Their website for the 2014 family run business is VT Supplies Ltd -
        There's a ton of colours and finishes (who knew) , sizes and prices to boot.

Here's their legal take...
        Headlights
        A pair of headlights must emit light of substantially the same colour and intensity, emit a steady colour of either white or yellow and be visible from a reasonable distance.
        Legal Tint Shades: Light Smoke, Medium Smoke, Golden Yellow & Fluorescent Yellow.
        Brake Lights
        A brake light must emit a steady red light. At least 50% of the lamp must be visible from the rear. Light must be visible from a reasonable distance.
        Legal Tint Shades – Light Smoke, Medium Smoke, Dark Smoke (as long as you do NOT tint over the reflector), Dark Matt & Red.
        Reflectors
        At least 50% of the reflecting surface must be visible from a reasonable distance.
        Legal Tint Shades: All tint shades and colours legal, except dark smoke.
        Indicators
        All indicator must emit amber light. At least 50% of the lamp must be visible. Light must be visible from a reasonable distance.
        Legal Tint Shades: Light Smoke, Medium Smoke, Golden Yellow & Fluorescent Yellow.
        Fog Lights
        No law on fog lights as they are an additional extra and not M.O.T bound.
        Legal Tint Shades: All tint shades & colours legal.
        Masks, or Converter Kits
        A headlamp or rear tail lamp altered in this way is not a reason for MOT rejection. So long as light outputs are not adversely reduced, it emits the appropriate correct colour and the mask is securely attached.

What I'd really like is a day-van headlight cover? I've tried to blow-up a picture of Turks design (I like them alot) so I could stick them over me OEM lenses!
        Any experiences , or recommendations....
        VW TRANSPORTER T4 HEADLIGHT COVERS, MADE IN THE UK. https://ebay.us/XsaHMM for £19.

I've now ordered a set of the acrylic covers in black , 9 colours available according to the blurb, as this seems like a more sensible option, albeit they may require modifying to keep them in place.

The Mrs thinks I'm getting an itch to change - she could be right, they always are - so I'm told!

Comment

• Unedited pictures of the crappy dayvan from last year.

Last edited by Activ8; 15 May 2019, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Unedited pictures of the crappy dayvan from last year.

Very nice looks clean and tidy and the wheels look spot on

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Tapatalk

Comment

The 90x106cm "Fly Eye" film arrived this morning supplied by VT Supplies Ltd and ordered through Fleabay for £7.49 and free P&P.
              Their website for the 2014 family run business is VT Supplies Ltd -
              There's a ton of colours and finishes (who knew) , sizes and prices to boot.

Here's their legal take...
              Headlights
              A pair of headlights must emit light of substantially the same colour and intensity, emit a steady colour of either white or yellow and be visible from a reasonable distance.
              Brake Lights
              A brake light must emit a steady red light. At least 50% of the lamp must be visible from the rear. Light must be visible from a reasonable distance.
              Legal Tint Shades – Light Smoke, Medium Smoke, Dark Smoke (as long as you do NOT tint over the reflector), Dark Matt & Red.
              Reflectors
              At least 50% of the reflecting surface must be visible from a reasonable distance.
              Legal Tint Shades: All tint shades and colours legal, except dark smoke.
              Indicators
              All indicator must emit amber light. At least 50% of the lamp must be visible. Light must be visible from a reasonable distance.
              Fog Lights
              No law on fog lights as they are an additional extra and not M.O.T bound.
              Legal Tint Shades: All tint shades & colours legal.
              Masks, or Converter Kits
              A headlamp or rear tail lamp altered in this way is not a reason for MOT rejection. So long as light outputs are not adversely reduced, it emits the appropriate correct colour and the mask is securely attached.

What I'd really like is a day-van headlight cover? I've tried to blow-up a picture of Turks design (I like them alot) so I could stick them over me OEM lenses!
              Any experiences , or recommendations....
              VW TRANSPORTER T4 HEADLIGHT COVERS, MADE IN THE UK. https://ebay.us/XsaHMM for £19.

I've now ordered a set of the acrylic covers in black , 9 colours available according to the blurb, as this seems like a more sensible option, albeit they may require modifying to keep them in place.

The Mrs thinks I'm getting an itch to change - she could be right, they always are - so I'm told!
              Would like some acrylic covers for mine but can't find any long nose ones [emoji20]

Sent from the Midlands by pigeon

Comment

• Originally posted by rjhoy02 View Post
                Would like some acrylic covers for mine but can't find any long nose ones [emoji20]

I've sent a message to Turk.

Comment

• I mentioned it to him a while back but he's not really going down that route
                  Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                  I've sent a message to Turk.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjhoy02 View Post
                    I mentioned it to him a while back but he's not really going down that route

How many years back?
                    Shame as it would be the perfect accompaniment to the excellent lens designs hes working on.

Comment

How many years back?
                      Shame as it would be the perfect accompaniment to the excellent lens designs hes working on.
                      About 9 months ago Rob

Comment

How many years back?
                        That'll be the problem with the project and the reason I binned it off early doors.

Can you not make an acylic cover, it's not that difficult , get spare headlight, place it on its back with a 100W bulb inside, lay piece of 3mm perspex on top, turn on light, wait 20 minutes. Done.

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                          Can you not make an acylic cover, it's not that difficult , get spare headlight, place it on its back with a 100W bulb inside, lay piece of 3mm perspex on top, turn on light, wait 20 minutes. Done.
                          Yep, I had the oven on last night playing with plastic temps, straightening / reshaping all the plastic IKEA crap the Mrs chucks in the dishwasher without checking the label!
                          Thats what got me thinking about the covers, that and having a spare set of lights now.

Comment

• Originally posted by damont4 View Post
                            Very nice looks clean and tidy and the wheels look spot on

...Really? It's single and only redeemable feature is that it's not a long wheel base!

Comment: clearly meant for Kev (Fruitbat).

Comment

• Weighed those 313mm cast calipers and cast hangers this afternoon ....

Crikey, pads and discs next....

Got the AXG hub knuckle out to possibly build a new front setup with an ABS speed sensor. Drive shafts look bigger so need sizing for potential 6 speed gearbox upgrade.

Last edited by Activ8; 15 May 2019, 03:32 PM.

Comment

...Really? It's single and only redeemable feature is that it's not a long wheel base!

Comment: clearly meant for Kev (Fruitbat).
                                Well it looks good to me in the pics

Comment

Working...
                                X