Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T4 : Battle Across Time (2010 to present)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Started to breakdown the Volvo pump to compare to the ACV one I have on the bench. Camplate number DE007! I'll measure and compare them tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

Up early and back on to yesterdays map and the workaround for the pressure display. The figures in the picture represent Specified Pressure / Actual Pressure & Atmospheric Pressure. So back to the maths and formula to improve on the accuracy. Using yesterdays Baro reading of 1003.4mbar as my benchmark I've now reworked the formulas so 996mbar is now 1003mbar or 1003 l/km!

Last edited by Activ8; 13 June 2018, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Received an email to day from Bosch with two schematics of the Diesel pumps.

AJT & ACV : Bosch pn# - 0460 415 983 / Pump Type: VE5/11E1750L714-1

VOLVO : Bosch pn# - 0460 415 990 / Pump Type : VE5/11E2300L649

VE is the pump type
        5 is the number of ports
        11 is the size , so 11mm

The next numbers I don't know, could it be 1750l & 2300l pumping capacity?
        The last 3 digits relate to the camplate. AXG/AHY same ACV pn# but ends 777?

Did a quick Google search on the pump type. There's about 18, 5 pot pumps so all start VE5/11E with 1750L / 1800L / 1850L / 2000L / 2300L.....
        Reg any ideas?

Compared the schematics and the Volvo uses a different ;
        Hydraulic Head,
        Camplate,
        Positioner,
        Control Valve,
        Solenoid Operated Valve,
        then apart from a few gaskets and mounting plates there are no other differences.

Last edited by Activ8; 13 June 2018, 11:43 AM.

Comment

I recall the 1750 is an rpm, that I thought was related to the governor actuation but that wouldn't relate to the TDI pump so blame internet misinformation - could relate to dynamic timing?

L is Left as it is a left handed pump - the main shaft rotates counter-clockwise.

The next three digits I cannot remember but I have a guide at home, will take a look later

Comment

Cheers Reg.

Comment

The camplate...
              VW AJT / ACV
              Bosch pn# 2466109037 or DE037
              Cam height - 2.5mm

Volvo 2.5TDi
              Bosch pn# 2466109007 or DE007
              Cam height - 2.65mm

Last edited by Activ8; 13 June 2018, 11:40 AM.

Comment

I wouldn't worry too much about that .15mm difference in lift - injection will be over long before that is reached. Especially if you go for a 1mm larger pump head.

Unless you intend trying to reach those fuel consumption figures you posted previously, but a hole drilled in the fuel tank would achieve the same for less cost.

Comment

Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                  I wouldn't worry too much about that .15mm difference in lift - injection will be over long before that is reached. Especially if you go for a 1mm larger pump head.

Unless you intend trying to reach those fuel consumption figures you posted previously, but a hole drilled in the fuel tank would achieve the same for less cost.
                  So why fit a different camplate / pump to the 2.5TDi Volvo engine?

Comment

Maybe for increased return flow for cooling?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Just reread my notes on shadowmakers config and he uses a 12mm head with the Volvo camplate on the ACV pump. Just need to understand why?

Maybe Dan can offer some insight?

Comment

It may well have a different duration and lift rate as well.

The additional lift will have no effect on cooling.

Comment

It may well have a different duration and lift rate as well.
                          Might try and copy the cams edge profile.

Last edited by Activ8; 14 June 2018, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Pump tools...

I've a set of these

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Neilsen-B...EAAOSwFMdaaLMI

I got them out for the first time in a long while tonight - I normally use an old single hex 13mm socket that has been dremelled to suit - but it wouln't work for me tonight on a really tight fastener, so I got the proper tools out and did it no problems.
                            Early morning... door bell rings... courier... plain wrapped box...

The Mrs signs for it shouting "DELIVERY FOR YOU - what is it?" .... .... .... .... "pump tool" I holla back, "EH - PUMP TOOL? - WTF HAVE YOU BEEN ORDERING NOW!". "It's for special nuts" ....

£19.30 Online including delivery. US PRO is the new branding for Bergen tools. Nice little moulded box included. Which I've had no problems with.

Note: Picture 4 offering 10% discount for 2 or more tools.

Last edited by Activ8; 16 June 2018, 01:41 PM.

Comment

I’ve found myself buying burgen tools recently , I was impressed with the quality and price .

Comment

Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post
                                I’ve found myself buying burgen tools recently , I was impressed with the quality and price .
                                Could be some good buys out there if it's being rebranded? Must look back at this site and take some time to review my tool box wants...

I'm trying my best to avoid Amazon / eBay as it's killing small traders.

Comment

Working...
                                X