Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T4 : Battle Across Time (2010 to present)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Started looking at the van electrics over the weekend plus I could stay clean (er) for visitors / other allocated jobs!
    Checked & fired up the 75KG HP UPS I bought earlier this year 5400KWh with a full charge.

Battery circuit breaker was damaged during collection / storage in the garage but managed to turn it back on (the replacement CB was £65-£165!

Bought this off of flea bay for £12 (?) to play with solar control, voltage monitoring etc...

I don't want cupboards or rock and roll beds in the red van as it's my daily run around so it needs to be flexible. So I butchered an old pelicase to fit a 12vdc charge input, a 240v charge input, 2 external USB ports, 5 input feeds from my 5 x solar 20W panels from RS Components. The case will store the cabling plus 2x 12vdc lithium-ion aircraft batteries, the controller and the cabling. Got some other external connections coming but fitted a few coax connectors for GPS, WiFi, TV etc... The idea is to make it completely portable or plug-in off the van or mains.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s
    Last edited by Activ8; 20 August 2018, 12:14 PM.

Comment

• Persisting down with rain today so back on the electrics, wired up the 5x solar panels and the Pelicase electrics. 240vdc charging, 12vdc charging and solar charging. Used an old computer case to make a internal lid for a switch and the solar controller. Full 5x panel test tomorrow.

Comment

• How the hell is Scotty going to get the starship Enterprise running now you've got its warp drive?

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
          How the hell is Scotty going to get the starship Enterprise running now you've got its warp drive?
          Click image for larger version

Name:	BadBoyz4Life.png
Views:	2
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	265404
          I'll send him your way Si , you're bound to have something in the back of S49 or Justin?

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]10110[/ATTACH]
            I'll send him your way Si , you're bound to have something in the back of S49 or Justin?
            That! Just made me spit my drink out.

Comment

• Theres a few of us looking at rims and tyres at the moment so I'm posting this for future reference.
              OEM Wheel Comparison
              Here's my comparison using the CarBibles Site; it really is a great reference site.
              CarBibles_A8_WheelComparison.jpg
              CarBibles_A8_WheelComparison1.jpg
              CarBibles_A8_WheelComparison2.png

Comment

• Panels deployed . Charging Test.

Comment

• Between you and Arfur there cant be much left of the poor old Skylab.

Comment

• What’s the charging rate at the moment Rob ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post
                      What’s the charging rate at the moment Rob ?
                      With all 5 panels out on a very overcast day it was reading 12.2V, charged the batteries (reading 10.5v to (14.7v=charge off)) in about 75 minutes. Stuck a couple of halogen spot lights as output on it, an iPad and iPhone on it too for 4-5 hours with battery reduced to 13.4v.. it was more a wiring check but I'll set-up some metering on it soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                        Between you and Arfur there cant be much left of the poor old Skylab.
                        Yes. These panels are testing. Very .Click image for larger version

Name:	20180827_231028_resized.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	265427
                        Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

• Have they not sorted it yet Arfur?

Comment

Started looking at the van electrics over the weekend plus I could stay clean (er) for visitors / other allocated jobs!
                            Checked & fired up the 75KG HP UPS I bought earlier this year 5400KWh with a full charge.

Battery circuit breaker was damaged during collection / storage in the garage but managed to turn it back on (the replacement CB was £65-£165!

Bought this off of flea bay for £12 (?) to play with solar control, voltage monitoring etc...

I don't want cupboards or rock and roll beds in the red van as it's my daily run around so it needs to be flexible. So I butchered an old pelicase to fit a 12vdc charge input, a 240v charge input, 2 external USB ports, 5 input feeds from my 5 x solar 20W panels from RS Components. The case will store the cabling plus 2x 12vdc lithium-ion aircraft batteries, the controller and the cabling. Got some other external connections coming but fitted a few coax connectors for GPS, WiFi, TV etc... The idea is to make it completely portable or plug-in off the van or mains.

Love the military connectors.

Sent from my vernee_M5 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Not yet Si. 5/6/7 Sept. Can't wait. Just a massive intrusion and didn't need.
                              Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

Started looking at the van electrics over the weekend plus I could stay clean (er) for visitors / other allocated jobs!
                                Is it a 12v one?

Most of the big ones are 24v or more.

I picked up a 12v one so I could hook it to the leisure battery, that way it'll run as an inverter off the leisure battery and charge the leisure battery when on hook up.

Comment

Working...
                                X