Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T4 : Battle Across Time (2010 to present)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
    Delivery was quick.
    For the chineseum ones? They are quoting up to september.

This one?

Click image for larger version

Name:	EDC15VM pin out.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	264239

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
      For the chineseum ones? They are quoting up to september.

This one?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9661[/ATTACH]
      Might have a spare one in the garage if you can replace.

Yep EDC15VM+ pinout info. Need N75 pin.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
        Yep EDC15VM+ pinout info. Need N75 pin.
        Did the email I sent answer that?

Comment

Did the email I sent answer that?
          Yep perfect, cheers Reg.

Comment

Don't bother - dead technology. Go twin scroll or variable geometry. Compound or sequential chargers are a twat.
            Yep could be right Reg... but I enjoy the mental games. Been looking at my next turbo upgrade/test. The problems I've found with VNTs is the coke build up in the vanes (my GT2359 suffered badly and almost fatally) so I'm also looking at oldskool from the current K24 to new project K26.

On the left is a K14 , K26 right - quite a difference in bearing housing size.

Comment

• Got a few turbos lined up with water cooling. Had a couple of hours this afternoon to trial fit the Maxpeeding GT28 watercooled Chinesium turbo. They rate it to 420bhp but I seriously doubt it'll see 300! OEM exhaust manifold needs some 'adaption" but it just fits albeit it'll need some clocking and grinding for the compressor housing and actuator to work in the space available.

Comment

• Ooooh more shiny!!!!

Sent from my vernee_M5 using Tapatalk

Comment

• And to think you were poo-poohing my chineseum turbo ideas.

Be watching with interest.

Comment

And to think you were poo-poohing my chineseum turbo ideas.

Be watching with interest.
                    Not poo-poohed Reg - more reality check based on the numbers advertised & your requirements!

I've had this unit since Dec 17 & arriving at the forum in Nov 17 it was in my first introduction post/looking for info. It'll be a mother to map IF it gets used. I'll be looking at some other options later.... [emoji6]

Last edited by Activ8; 13 July 2018, 09:08 AM.

Comment

• Why tricky to map?

Comment

Why tricky to map?
                        Because there's no compressor map to indicate the efficiency "clouds" for the airflow.... so its a best guess map and so lots of runs....

Comment

• How will you deal with the VNT? Use a typical VNT map in place of the N75 map?

Whilst we are talking mapping......

ECU compares three maps, Wish, Smoke and Torque. Correct?

It bungs variables into these three maps and derives three figures. Correct? (lets call it a fuel figure)

The lowest fuel figure should then be put into the Pump map and that comes out with a voltage figure. Correct?

That voltage tells the pump where to set the throttle?

So..... why on low revs when I have less boost than I should have, am I overfuelling. Surely the smoke map should be seeing the lack of air versus expected and killing the fuel - perhaps it is but maybe not enough.

Do you make many changes to the smoke map? I'd have thought that would stay pretty much as factory in order to keep the air/fuel ratio somewhere near optimum - although I appreciate the factory smoke map might be a little on the tree hugging dolphin shagging side.

We can get a room and do this somewhere private if you'd prefer. XXX

Comment

• I can map the VNT as I have the compressor maps, but the Chinesium stuff is more marketing, headline and labelling, the reality is that it bears little -if any- resemblance to the headline naming. So where do you start.... pull it to pieces, measure it then try and calculate the potential then its testing - a ball ache of a job and nobody will pay for the time to do it though....

Almost all of the 3 dimensional maps have been rewritten for yours including the smoke map. The ambient temps and heat in the engine bay significantly affect these engines plus you're running 16 or 15:1 AFR tolerance so less oxygen to burn and probably tipping it the wrong side of 14.7 and making it smokey. I've given up asking for logruns but if you decide to oblige me, mark up the rev range & approx throttle% & we'll tweak it. V3 is I quote "f@#=%_^&ing awesome" according to Colin.

Comment

• While I'm messing about with turbos, here's a comparison of the AXG/AHY exhaust manifold and the AJT/ACV. More space around the first to get spanners in. Note the T25 gasket shaping (needed for the GT28) against the original round exit hole. I may grind this out but need to check my other turbos to test as I'm sure some have different orifices which may match.

Comment

• Pulled the GT28 apart and rather than throw a load of measurements in the thread I thought I'd do a comparison...

First up the compressor wheel - on the bottom is the K14/K16 from the T4/Volvo. Nice... Although there's no seal around the GT28's compressor housing just a machined stepped fit. The compressor housing outlets are roughly the same sizes.

The exhaust turbine next on the top is an AJT K14 , the GT28 then the bottom is a K26 from an Audi Quattro. There's a rule of thumb that states bigger = more hp , but with side effects....

Last edited by Activ8; 13 July 2018, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X