Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T4 : Battle Across Time (2010 to present)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bostin!

Sent from my vernee_M5 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Cold Intake and adaptor plate ..... fitted.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s
      Last edited by Activ8; 7 July 2018, 09:32 AM.

Comment

• Is the cold intake filtered individually Rob?

Comment

• The feed pipe fits directly to the sealed cone housing - disconnected at the moment - as I want to get some logruns from the wing vent first. Interestingly even on tickover you can feel the sucking externally. Still playing with the IC positioning and brackets. I can just squeeze the steering fluid bottle into position/holder with some minor deformation of the inlet pipe so been trying to cut it back but still get the Mikalor clamp on tight & square. Likewise on the outlet with the expansion sphere but reckon raising it 5-10mm will minimise it further.

Comment

• Looks good bud.

Comment

• Up early this morning before the heat of the day put me off... needed the van on the road this afternoon so a quick refit of the IC (without the brackets)...
              Cutting and reshaping the inlet pipe worked a treat easily allowing the steering fluid bottle to be fitted. The outlet is still kissing the coolant sphere...

Last edited by Activ8; 9 July 2018, 03:00 PM.

Comment

• Would it be worthwhile modifying the intercooler with some alloy pipe that pointed down to give you clearance??

Comment

• It does look a tight squeeze in there Rob. With the long nose front you could probably fit a fmic

Comment

• Originally posted by lister View Post
                    Would it be worthwhile modifying the intercooler with some alloy pipe that pointed down to give you clearance??
                    Originally posted by rjhoy02 View Post
                    It does look a tight squeeze in there Rob. With the long nose front you could probably fit a fmic

Yep could play with the angles and the cut of the silicon outlet or a 45deg bend straight off the IC.

Smaller sphere even? Raised the coolant sphere 5mm with some rubber washers but kept the spheres tongue located.... thats eased the touching to a glance....
                    Pics show before and after.

My concern is that the coolant temp is being transferred to the boosted air temp so more work needs to be done....

On a real positive note the van is driving great the new sealed cold air system and the larger IC/pipework seem to be spinning the turbo up quicker so there's a greatly improved airflow, took it easy during the runout but easily making 2.6 bar with high airflow. Logrun tomorrow and see if I can blow the hoses off.... [emoji85] [emoji86] [emoji87]

Last edited by Activ8; 9 July 2018, 05:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjhoy02 View Post
                      It does look a tight squeeze in there Rob. With the long nose front you could probably fit a fmic

Beast has the longnose parts fitted with an FMIC so wanted to try something different. I'll save the longnose kit for twin turbo charging as I'll need the room!

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                        r twin turbo charging
                        Don't bother - dead technology. Go twin scroll or variable geometry. Compound or sequential chargers are a twat.

Where'd you get your MAP sensor housing - I need.

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                          Where'd you get your MAP sensor housing - I need.
                          I remortgaged the house and bought it from the Darkside, I latterly found the ali housings for welding are available on eBay - of course. I'll try and find a link. Try Ebay item number 152490731562 , £9.50 .

Last edited by Activ8; 9 July 2018, 10:04 PM.

Comment

• I just got an Ali map boss and had it tigged onto one of my boost hoses, cost about £20 and £5 labour.

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                              I remortgaged the house and bought it from the Darkside, I latterly found the ali housings for welding are available on eBay - of course. I'll try and find a link. Try Ebay item number 152490731562 , £9.50 .

Thanks! Best I found ws £18 but it didn't have the different sized round bits - what's the point of them, how do they seal to the sensor?

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                                Thanks! Best I found ws £18 but it didn't have the different sized round bits - what's the point of them, how do they seal to the sensor?
                                Makes the boss more universal with different sized MAP sensors. The sensors have an 'O' ring seal too. Delivery was quick.

Comment

Working...
                                X