Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T4 : Battle Across Time (2010 to present)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yep it does, and a 6 speed gearbox which I'm still working on, plus the Holset you sold me. Collecting the bits required as life tumble weeds forward ....

Comment

• Oh okay good.

I’ve been thinking about Holsets again recently for the Volvo actually. I’ll look into and might be ordering another of those like you had lol. I just need to look into the turbine housing size for the delicious 2.3 T5 motor.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
      #vanlife

Comment

• Santa's been early and left a long awaited delivery. Great timing with some fettling time booked over the break.

A cast 2.5" V-Band Holset HE211 exhaust housing.

Comment

• I’ll need a link please.

#vanlife

Comment

• Also, I’ll leave this just here..

#vanlife

Comment

• Originally posted by TommyP View Post
              Also, I’ll leave this just here..

I just bought the whole car instead.
              Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

• Bought two TP!
                JIC .....

Comment

• Comment

• Invested in a few large leisure batteries , to up the solar storage capacity in the van.

Anyone got any wind turbine experience or recommendations? Other than their socks!

Comment

• I naively attempted to make a crude Hawt wind turbine some 50 years ago when I lived near Tenburg, using a home-made timber prop bolted directly to a car alternator, with little or no spare cash available. The prop did turn, but the gearing was of course way out, never mind the dubious voltage control, and the project placed on indefinite hold.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	savoniousrotors.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	361046The Savonius has a lot of merits, and there are a few dotted around Bradford mounted on the roofs of high-rise housing blocks.

Predictably there are lots of small micro turbines of various types now commercially available I see, so plenty of options (maybe too many?):

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_f...bines&_sacat=0

Comment

• Nipped to Bletchley Park with the family and had a good day, a hugely interesting story tidied up for the massive crowds of foreign visitors that were knocking about.

We did the site tour with a group of Americans which was an interesting insight into their movie derived view of history. The guide was quite a charming old devil who made sure the Yanks were not front and centre, much to their disappointment and humourus interogative questioning.

We'd recommend taking your own pack-up and drinks though. The numeric codes on refreshments made for an interesting total when spliced together and calculated at the modern till.

Comment

• Much to my astonishment, my Mother-in-Law reputedly worked at Bletchley during WW2, but what her precise role was, remains unclear. She never admitted to it until into her final year before Passing, and I remained ignorant of it until too late to enquire further.

I've never visited the place. Somehow I doubt that she was on the cutting edge of it all, but you never know? It certainly fired the imaginations of my two daughters, and probably influenced their subsequent choice of careers.

Comment

• Shame Jim.
                            The stories they couldn't and shouldn't tell! The female roles were typical of the time unfortunately, a huge emphasis was made on balancing the importance but it simply wasn't if you took in the roles. The boffins of Oxford and Cambridge alongside the Intelligence Services and Military had little regard for the opposite sex. Albeit there was equal pay. They couldn't clarify what that actually meant when I quizzed the guide.
                            It was worth a visit, the Mrs enjoyed Milton Keynes and the hotel I'd booked

Comment

• Pretty much my thoughts too, and I do wonder how many of the staff actually had an overall understanding of what was going on there?

She had no interest in maths or logic games/puzzles that I know of

Comment

• According to the site layout since its inception and purchase in 1937 it was all a bit Heath Robinson and the working billets NEVER crossed paths, that applied to the classes for sure. The silver service dining area was typical of Military patronage the World over .... The whole notion that no one "talked" was absurd but if you looked at the messes and the offsite rural villages and pubs that sprung up.

Shame about Turing, Im convinced he was assassinated by the winning powers when his notion of a free homosexual life in a more accepting Norway surfaced.

Fascinating period though.

Comment

Working...
                                X