Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T4 : Battle Across Time (2010 to present)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T4 : Battle Across Time (2010 to present)

Van Under DeConstruction - but Ive started.....
    Click image for larger version

Name:	UnderDeConstruction.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.2 KB
ID:	272247

Battle across time, pah! About bloody time more like.
    Me cago en la madre que te pariĆ³!

Comment

Well it's a start!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

Only another 6 months for a continuation [emoji6]

Sell my T4 !!! I'd rather stick wasps up my butt.

Comment

If I had a 1.9 they'd be more to write about? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s
          Last edited by Activ8; 31 May 2018, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
            If I had a 1.9 they'd be more to [del]write[/del] moan about? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I love my 1.9 [emoji15]

Comment

Originally posted by Greeny gtc View Post
              I love my 1.9 [emoji15]

And me.........

Comment

Steering wheel now fitted in the red day van, about time I had something thick to grip hold of...

Comment

Copied from the other thread. Had a delivery today...

Started to make up a few parts.

Alloy pipe caps for my inlet pipework, capping off the breather pipework as I've moved to a catch tank.

Next to build a few adaptors for my steering wheels that I want to trial.

Trim the lug off of the clock spring (used a defective piece to build the 1st test unit)

Stripped a PASSAT B5 leather steering wheel to look at the clock spring fixings.

Some modification is necessary but the 3 holes used to position a counter weight in the wheel match the clock spring fixings.

Marked out the adaptor blank then drilled out 3x 4mm holes.

Next 3x 10mm holes to 10mm depth to receive the clock spring lugs and fixings and a key shaped slot for the airbag cable.

Next a 5mm hole to 12mm depth to receive and disengage the clock spring locking pin once fitted.

Drilled two 7mm holes in the steering wheel 8 o'clock position and filed to a slot to pass the horn feed through.
                  Using 3x M4 pan head screws and washers fixed the adaptor and clock spring to the steering wheel and rebuilt the horn internals. The 3x screws are of a length not to compromise or damage the internal clock spring cable. Test fit.

All good. If the recess for the clock spring was a little deeper I could clean up an edge.

Comment

Nice too see the build thread starting

Comment

I've mentally noted my concerns and an increase in anxiety that I'm now pushing the limits of the engine, clutch & turbo. So one last push - Modified and increased the MAP & MAF settings in the ECU first thing. I need to know... I've left a 5% safety margin in this mornings map. First is to correctly read the newly installed 3 bar MAP sensor (did the calcs for a 4 bar to, as it will be necessary for big boost & hp targets) , plus found the MAF maximums which were 1489.3mg/s (which I've made). It now reads the ECU maximum at 1625mg/s, this is enough air to mix 108mg/s of fuel at 15:1 & possibly a reason why Shadowmaker moved to a twin turbo setup if you've ever followed his build threads. It's on my build agenda.

Comment

Yes. About time too.

Twin turbos......mmmmmmmmmmwoooooosh!!!!!
                        Me cago en la madre que te pariĆ³!

Comment

Took the dayvan out yesterday to sailing and my first outing with the newly fitted Passat steering wheel. It really is worth the effort to change it - remember Ive been driving this van for 8 years! Recommended.

Quick note I used the T4 airbag rather than the supplied Passat unit. Physically they look the same, same finish very similar part number. Having looked at the pn# there was a difference - both start 3B0 (Passat B5 model identifier) but the last 3 digits were different. Could be a charge size difference / bag shape for a van / car .... just thought I'd mention it.

Dan, I'm not one for stickers but a van coloured Just T4s badge would be a nice addition to the steering wheel?

Last edited by Activ8; 4 June 2018, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Trying to find more early pics of the van , components etc ...

Comment

Looks like a worthwhile mod. Will be even better with your Passat steering mounted mfa controls......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X