Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T4 : Battle Across Time (2010 to present)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found a good deal on a pair of Brembo 313mm vented disks for my brake upgrade.
    The prices are wildly spread but at £30.46 incl delivery for a Brembo balanced pair it was time to buy. These arrived this morning.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	VW_T4_Brembo09.9797.10.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	266412

Compatible OE codes
    FORD 1108038
    SEAT 7M3615301
    VW 7M3615301

Non-OEM Alternatives (but not all)

AP: 24969
    ATE: 24012601191
    BOSCH: 0986478296
    BRECO: BS8588
    BREMBO: 09979711
    Brake ENGINEERING: DI956141
    DELPHI: BG3719
    FERODO: DDF1160
    METELLI: 230792
    PAGID: 50348
    TEXTAR: 92109900
    TRW: DF4310S
    VALEO: 186800
    ZIMMERMANN: 250134720
    SBS: 17114

Brembo Site & Info Here
    Last edited by Activ8; 11 February 2019, 02:06 PM.

Comment

• Where did you get them from Rob? It's a conversion I've had on the back burner for a few years now. I've got Audi tt calipers, just need the discs.

Sent from the Midlands by pigeon

Comment

• First purchase with Autodoc.co.uk Roy. Had to wait a few days but turned up fine. These are a non-UV coated disk too (could be a reason for them being cheaper) the UV coated end .11 rather than .10. I put them in my basket whilst researching disks generally (site good for tracking alternatives) and got an email increasing the discount the front page offered.

Will the 312mm TT calipers work (excuse my ignorance) with the existing carrier or TT carrier? T4 has 120mm centres.

Comment

• I've only done a quick check with the mk1 eyeball but they seem to line up OK

Comment

• I just didn't fancy paying the exorbitant prices people were asking for knackered shit

Comment

• Thats good then, probably lighter than the T4 V6 ATE units?
              Early Mk1 TT's used a 5x100 PCD I wonder if the 312mm disks have the correct height? How much research have you done?
              I'm sure theres info on the other site hailing negatives and concerns but I admit, my starting point was to ignore and beat my own path!

One of the reasons I went down the T4 V6 route was the disc wear 26mm to 22mm = 4mm wear on 313mm where as the 312mm passenger car alternatives only offered 2mm (? think thats right).
              Last edited by Activ8; 11 February 2019, 02:55 PM.

Comment

• Off the top of my head, yes they were 5x100 that's why I was going for the 313mm discs so that I kept the original depth bell. I offered the tt carrier up to my front hub and alignment seemed OK.

Comment

• Fancy posting some info up Roy?
                  Arent TT's bolted into the knuckle rather than the carrier?
                  Need to have a look on ETKA. Have you taken any measurements of the carriers?

Looked at the 312mm disks they 're 1KG lighter but 25mm max thick and min 23.5mm, so only 1.5mm of wear.
                  Will a 313mm , 26mm disc fit with TT pads?
                  Pop some info up as its worth a debate!

Comment

• I'll have to dig it all out and sort it out properly Rob

Comment

• I remember that I tapped the carriers out 14mm to accept bolts but that's about all

Comment

• Originally posted by rjhoy02 View Post
                        I remember that I tapped the carriers out 14mm to accept bolts but that's about all

M12 on the TT (99-02) & T4 is M16 on most. Were you going to sleeve the T4 knuckle? Is there enough metal on the carrier?

Would be a nice cost effective option if it worked?

d9 seems to of been involved on the other forum with the upgrades so he might be able to short cut some chatter?

Comment

• I looked at the tt calipers. From what i remember they only have a 54mm piston.

Comment

• My latest calipers i am looking at are vw phaeton. Decided against the mercedes as the discs and calipers weighed a ton and didnt fancy putting all that unsprung weight on the van.

Comment

• Originally posted by lister View Post
                              My latest calipers i am looking at are vw phaeton. Decided against the mercedes as the discs and calipers weighed a ton and didnt fancy putting all that unsprung weight on the van.
                              I thought those CLA AMG brakes were a great idea but you beauty Monsignor Lister going Phaeton. Got a pair of 350mm rear disks from the v10 I found cheap, rear callipers were affordable too! I'm going to transition to something larger... but next year.

Comment

• Don't really see the point on the rears, the fronts do the majority of the work what with weight transition

Comment

Working...
                                X