No announcement yet.

Project T4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No straps,50mm shortened shocks.Rear bumpstop tubes have been shortened by 15mm,so the springs stay where there supposed to.

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
      Useful info guys thanks, are you using rebound straps and if so what and where from?

Sausages - need some lows
      I've got straps on mine with the adjustable spring platforms. Sausages put me onto some on eBay from demon tweeks

Sent from the Midlands by pigeon

Comment

Like the stance.

Does it rub at all?
        Tiny little bit of rub on full lock right (not left for some reason)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s
        Buy a T4 they said... It'll be fun they said!!

Comment

What rate faulkners were fitted - considering getting some and not sure what rate to get
          5" @1100.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

• Over the last 8/9 months the van has been reborn again, as much as the swamper ride was comfortable I just missed the the way the van looked low.
            I started off by ordering Mr Sausages revised plates, drop links and polybushes. Then ordered sensible shocks and went for Sachs HD super touring (given as the closed length on them is only 1/4 inch longer than the Gaz) and knew I was getting some 6" faulkners off my mate T4Tonka. Next was wheels so went for silver smooth steels from Tamar Wheels. Me and T4Tonka drove up to Dropall4s HQ and set about working on our vans with our other mad T4 builder Joe (who currently has his own beast of a project going on).
            I left lowered and happy once again, the drive home highlighted that my arb bushes were shagged though.
            Arb bushes replaced, front raised up a little and then on with other little jobs.
            Had a small track rod notch done as a precaution and a couple of other small bits of welding.
            Went to Campers and coffee and drove up in a convoy of different styles of T4. The other s made mine look quite shabby so I set out about my new plan for the van. Starting with sorting out the awful gear change. I ebeded up removing the gear stick I had installed a while back (which was pretty much staright) and replacing it with the original gear stick (with about a 25° bend in it) using the vw/audi selector jig and now full gears with no fighting against the bench seat.
            I ordered new front and rear bumpers, prepped and painted them gloss black, Removed and repainted all the door handles, number plate light holder and sliding door rail and painted those satin black. Replaced the damaged window washers, number plate holders (customising with a small German flag gel decal). Removed the underneath spare wheel holder, rear bumper bar (had it repaired as it was bad) fitted suspension limiting straps (as the springs kept falling out whenever I jacked the van up) and had a couple more spots of welding done. Van all reassembl and looking quite good.
            Still a couple of cosmetic jobs to do(windscreen surround is awful) and the interior to attack again (or finish properly).

Sent from my SM-G975F using Just T4s

Comment

• Think that looks very nice mate.

Comment

• Cheers, I forgot to update the thread when I went swamper (I was going through a bad period with my back and being low was hurting) but my mates with T4s convinced me (twisted my arm) that it looked better low. So back down I went and couldn't be happier.
                Originally posted by S49 View Post
                Think that looks very nice mate.

Comment

• Yep, and my wife even likes the colour.

Comment

• Originally posted by nate6874 View Post
                    Cheers, I forgot to update the thread when I went swamper (I was going through a bad period with my back and being low was hurting) but my mates with T4s convinced me (twisted my arm) that it looked better low. So back down I went and couldn't be happier.
                    Any pics of it low?

Comment

• It's not Sausages low but it's much lower than when it was swamper. Finding a comfortable ride height without having to lop chunks out of the chassis.
                      Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post

Any pics of it low?

Comment

• Are your JBW smoothies standard or banded? They look slightly deeper than standard. They're 18" though, right?
                        I've been toying about a set for a long time (but with a twist).
                        Last edited by No Sliders; 14 October 2021, 10:04 AM.

Comment

• Totally standard and 18's though I have 25mm spacers on the rears as they weren't quite flush enough in my opinion.
                          Originally posted by No Sliders View Post
                          Are your JBW smoothies standard or banded? They look slightly deeper than standard. They're 18" though, right?
                          I've been toying about a set for a long time (but with a twist).

Comment

• Originally posted by nate6874 View Post
                            Totally standard and 18's though I have 25mm spacers on the rears as they weren't quite flush enough in my opinion.
                            Good to know, cheers. These are the first credible pics I've seen of them on a T4

Comment

• Hopefully the sun will be out tomorrow and I'll try and get some better/brighter photos.
                              Originally posted by No Sliders View Post

Good to know, cheers. These are the first credible pics I've seen of them on a T4

Comment

Working...
                              X