my 2002 800 special

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jo t4 View Post
    My daughter pulls off the stickers from the glovebox cover from her car seat with her trainers kicking and undoes the bloody window an inch , just to annoy me ! Terrible 2s 🤦*♀️

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
    Ok so I have new glasses varifocal (getting old!!) And read this a few times before I had my head/eyes in the right place to read stickers rather than knickers!!!!!! Got to say Jo u was gonna be asking if there were other reasons you were usually cold!?!?!?!?!? [emoji15]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

And again......another thread gone....6 inches...chapped lips...blah blah.

I don't really understand your light problem. Is one side light staying on after the engine is stopped?
      Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post

I don't really understand your light problem. Is one side light staying on after the engine is stopped?
        And i was holding back trying to be sensible/respectful ![emoji849]
        See! Its the bigger boys and girls! 🤣

Comment

Originally posted by Grubb05 View Post
          How big is your 6inches? [emoji23]

Sent from my LG-H870 using Just T4s
          Big enough to make your eyes water [emoji31] brace yourself [emoji44]

Comment

Will this frivolity ever end?
            Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

I doubt it .... [emoji847]

Comment

She says it usually ends too quick! [emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post

The engine stays running if you turn the ignition off with lights on .you can take the key out , it wil only turn off if you turn the lights off.

Comment

Originally posted by jo t4 View Post
                    The engine stays running if you turn the ignition off with lights on .you can take the key out , it wil only turn off if you turn the lights off.

At least you won’t leave your lights on I suppose!

Tom.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirfbum View Post
                      At least you won’t leave your lights on I suppose!

Tom.
                      There is that!

Comment

A thought i had was whether it was a half baked turbo cooling system?
                        Like a turbo timer but you have to turn it off yourself?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s
                        Last edited by Greeny gtc; 6 November 2017, 11:51 AM.

Comment

While the panels were off to fit the speaker pods - I had a crack on the top edge of the driver's cab door panel which was annoying when leaning my arm on it. That was sanded on the back side with 80 grit, pasted with wilko epoxy, bandaged with glassfibre CSM and pasted over again with epoxy.

[

Now the door doesn't pinch my arm when I use it as an arm rest, and it shouldn't crack open again with the glass on the back.
                          my van - http://just-t4s.co.uk/showthread.php...02-800-special

Comment

Nice work 👍

Sent from my LG-H870 using Just T4s

Comment

it's been a while. i've been doing bits and pieces but i'll lose track if i post up stuff i've only half done. so the latest thing i've finished is sticking some ventilation into the van.

i've had an ECS ventilite for about 5 years that i've been meaning to fit. 6 weeks of constant blazing sun seems like a good time to actually do it.

first tape a bag to the inside to avoid showering the interior with iron filings:
                              IMG_20180725_174801522 by Simon Goriup, on Flickr

set up lubrication system:
                              IMG_20180725_174808758 by Simon Goriup, on Flickr

mark up the centre of one of the flat panels. vent needs a 97mm hole... scribe circle with vernier calipers set to 49mm, draw around it with sharpie:
                              IMG_20180725_174826503 by Simon Goriup, on Flickr

drill starter hole for the jigsaw:
                              IMG_20180725_175248017 by Simon Goriup, on Flickr

realise there's no way in hell the jigsaw is going to cut curves, so drill loads of holes:
                              IMG_20180725_175804647 by Simon Goriup, on Flickr

drill/saw/repeat until you have a nice neat hole:
                              IMG_20180725_180829658 by Simon Goriup, on Flickr

turn hole of death into a circle with a powerfile:
                              IMG_20180725_181721476 by Simon Goriup, on Flickr

bash 5mm holes through to screw the vent down, key paint with wet&dry, carve out some random rust with strip wheel/drill, wipe down with thinners, zinc primer, couple of coats of 2k satin black:
                              IMG_20180725_193010531 by Simon Goriup, on Flickr

a bit of sika 221 to seal the holes, bolt the vent down with m5 a4 stainless screws and nylocks, et voila:
                              IMG_20180726_095218584 by Simon Goriup, on Flickr

IMG_20180726_095237340 by Simon Goriup, on Flickr

took about 2.5 hours all in. it's not pretty, the whole van is getting painted hopefully this summer, and a full rhino roof rack will hide the vent anyway. forgot to mark where to cut a corresponding hole in the roof lining before screwing it down, so that'll be fun to fix...

no idea how well it'll work. i bought it more for getting rid of condensation when camping. i reasoned that if i start with the smallest vent i can find then i can progress to bigger ones if necessary.
                              my van - http://just-t4s.co.uk/showthread.php...02-800-special

Comment

Working...
                              X