T4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T4

Heater blowing hot air all the time even in cold?

Wish mine would when it was cold!!!!
    But I think I know what you mean, the dials on cold but still getting warm air?

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Newcombe View Post
      Heater blowing hot air all the time even in cold?
      Hi Ben, welcome to the forum...

Pop the bonnet, and locate the valve on the water hose leading to the heater matrix - it's got a stiff wire controlling it (it should open and close when operated inside).

Get someone to turn it form hot to cold and see if it's opening/closing.... [emoji106]

If it's not moving it could be the control arm behind the panel has broken.
      Sent from my Moto G (4) using Just T4s
      Last edited by Adventure Van; 7 April 2018, 08:27 PM.
      '00 1.9TDI LWB, '87 Mk2 Golf 16v

Wheel or tyre question? Just ask, it's what i do!

Comment

Hello and welcome Ben. As above for the heater

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

Set ours manually under the bonnet at the moment because the cable is kinked. Oh hello and welcome.

Comment

Thank you for help I will try that. And thank you for the welcome

Comment

Same problem here. Anyone know how to get a replacement cable? My local VW garage says it's an obsolete part .

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Comment

Would have thought you could get em on fleabay mate.

Comment

Just checked fleaby......................nothing

Comment

Thanks S49; I was there myself. Hadn't checked for a while, so I decided to take a look after your first reply. They're like hen's teeth!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Comment

Bit surprised at that you'd think somebody did them wouldn't you. The cable is kinked under the bonnet on ours. Think it happened when I had the head off. If I alter it on the dash when put back to full it doesn't open the valve fully to get full heat. Just leave it on hot in winter. But that wont mater now springs on the way. Its just Molly hates it if every thing don't work as it should, which is a fair point really.

Comment

The lad i got my van from said the cable was had it on mine and he made one from a landrove i have not investgared as it seems to work ok a bit stiff but ok

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Just T4s

Comment

Well its a solid wire cable so in theory you could replace the inner cable just a case of getting the length right. Good shout that Daley mate.

Comment

It's just a solid cable - pretty much anything would do, you just cut to length and bend the required hooks into it.

If the liner is gone as well - a lot of lawnmowers use a solid cable, get yourself to a decent garden centre!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MK1-CADDY...8AAOSwJEdap8eu
                            Last edited by regcheeseman; 8 April 2018, 11:43 PM.

Comment

T4

I bought this one for mine. Just had to bend one end too go on the controls in the dash as was slightly different

https://www.justkampers.com/vw-t4-pa...1999-2003.html

Comment

Working...
                              X