No announcement yet.

Shed Seven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice1 Kev. Almost there to a happy & restored "pride and joy" level?

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
      Nice1 Kev. Almost there to a happy & restored "pride and joy" level?

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s
      I just need VCDS to get it running sweet , once that happens , I’ll use the van for a week if the mot is still valid ,just to see how good it runs .

I’ll then make a start on the body work , full respray , lots of prep to do , windscreen out etc

Then I maybe happy

Comment

• You any nearer getting this sorted Kev?

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
          You any nearer getting this sorted Kev?
          I just need the diagnostics guy to plug it in and check my pump timing , it’s running well and sounds strong , zero smoke which I’m happy about .

Mot has run out and it’s sat in my unit , I’m hoping to do a full respray before March , I need a front wing , front arch and rear arch , wind screen out etc , big job but I’m determined to have a nice clean and fresh looking van .

Comment

• Now running sweet and sounding very healthy , best it’s ever sounded !

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post
              Now running sweet and sounding very healthy , best it’s ever sounded !
              Great to hear it Kev.

Comment

• Anybody seen my mojo , struggling to get the enthusiasm to work on this heap , no mot , idling problems , Mrs fruitbat has booked camping for Good Friday

Comment

• Come on, it'll be worth it in the end.

Comment

• Best get your finger out then you only have a five days left

Comment

• Some mot work to do , front brakes before

After

Rear brakes before

There was enough meat on the discs for a skim .

After

I also notice the front section of the handbrake was frayed so I replaced it with a gen Vw one as the local motor factors didn’t list the front half .

Mot pass , but I hate advisories

The van runs ok , but has a slight lumpiness at idle I think it could be an injector dribbling , but it went through emissions no problem , which is what I was worried about .

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                      Last edited by Fruitbat; 30 March 2021, 09:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post
                        Mot pass , but I hate advisories
                        I hate dodgy geezers who coat ropey old brake lines in something just to scrape a MOT pass

Good result though, brake look much tidier, that means you are off on your hollibops?

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post

I hate dodgy geezers who coat ropey old brake lines in something just to scrape a MOT pass

Good result though, brake look much tidier, that means you are off on your hollibops?
                          Yeah hopefully hollibobs , brake lines ...... that’s a generic advisory that mot testers like to dish out , same as undertray fitted and so on .

I’ll take a look at the brake pipes and replace if needed .

Comment

• Pleased for ya Kev.

Comment

• Mine passed today, luckily I didn’t have to bodge my brake pipes with grease

#vanlife

Comment

• Originally posted by TommyP View Post
                                Mine passed today, luckily I didn’t have to bodge my brake pipes with grease

If you have an Alexa in your house ask her what 100 is in Welsh ?

Comment

Working...
                                X