Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526
    Fruitbat's Avatar Unemployed (Platinum)
    Thanks
    Fitted the siding door panel , I had left it off as thereís loads of dents to sort out , but Iíve put it back on for now .

Sent from my iPad using Just T4s

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fruitbat For This Useful Post:

AndyLeach (14th April 2019)

S49's Avatar Privileged
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,312 Times in 2,721 Posts
    Have trimmed the ply of our sliding panel. But the metal work on it is another matter same with the barn doors, not sure how to go about or just paint them a matching grey.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to S49 For This Useful Post:

AndyLeach (14th April 2019),Fruitbat (14th April 2019)

Activ8's Avatar Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,475 Times in 2,049 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fruitbat View Post
    Fitted the siding door panel , I had left it off as thereís loads of dents to sort out , but Iíve put it back on for now.

Sent from my iPad using Just T4s
    That inner sliding door panel looks all squared off on the top edge Kev.Was that done so it could be carpeted?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Activ8 View Post
    That inner sliding door panel looks all squared off on the top edge Kev.Was that done so it could be carpeted?
    Yes Rob

Thanks
    I donít think my van likes me ......

I attempted to fit a new passenger side lower wishbones today , a nice straight foward job after work .

I managed too loosen all the bolts apart from the camber bolt , I hit the spanner with a lump hammer several times and it still wouldnít budge , despite the fact that I wire brushed the threads and gave them a spray with penetrating fluid in the week .

After a few hours of swearing it came loose , but now it was seized in the bush !

Another half hour or so and I managed to carefully free it off , I had no choice really as I didnít have a new camber bolt , it did come close to getting the angle grinder out and leaving the van on axle stands for the week , plus I didnít fancy heating it up or burning the bush out as itís right next to the diesel tank .

Check out the corrosion .

Next job was to remove the bottom ball joint from the wishbone , do you think it would come out ? Nope it was stuck solid in there , despite it only being fitted to the van for last years Mot , lots of hitting the wishbone to try and free the taper .

I didnít fancy using the ball joint splitter as it normally splits the boot , as the joint was good I didnít want to risk it .

Still no movement so I thought sod this Iíll buy a new one , I phone the local motor factors who are normally there until 3pm , no answer despite phoning several times

I did think of using an angle grinder with a thin disc to split the wishbone , but I continued to hit it with a lump hammer and in the end it gave up

Nice shiny wishbone .

Road test complete

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fruitbat For This Useful Post:

Activ8 (Yesterday),damont4 (Yesterday)

frenchdna's Avatar You need to get out more (Gold)
    Thanks
    Top effort fruitbat.... I to have had to tackle rusty bolts this week.

I feel your pain. But it's also very satisfying when it's done.

Eagles02's Avatar Privileged
    Thanks
    Well done mate,I cut my eccentric bolt out as it was solid in the bush.Great job getting that out!!

S49's Avatar Privileged
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,312 Times in 2,721 Posts
    Nice one. On the Subaru's the bush would seize to the bolt and the rubber would let go so you had a bolt that would spin and not come out, a real pain. You've done well to save the bolt Kev.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchdna View Post
    Top effort fruitbat.... I to have had to tackle rusty bolts this week.

I feel your pain. But it's also very satisfying when it's done.
    Thanks ,everything greased before I put it all back togeather , hopefully it will come apart easier next time

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles02 View Post
    Well done mate,I cut my eccentric bolt out as it was solid in the bush.Great job getting that out!!
    Nightmare , I’d had visions of doing the same , but then having to drop the diesel tank to drill the bolt out of the Bush

Quote Originally Posted by S49 View Post
    Nice one. On the Subaru's the bush would seize to the bolt and the rubber would let go so you had a bolt that would spin and not come out, a real pain. You've done well to save the bolt Kev.
    Yeah I’ve had that before , one plus side I didn’t have to remove the metal undertray to change the wishbone