Shed Seven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post
    The first thing I did was to take the undertray off ,big steel lump , pain in the arse on your own , any tips / tricks for making the pipe tighter as it was too loose for my liking .

The inlet is caked as can be seen in the pics , I’ll give this area a good clean and blank of the egr valve .

edit , just read that there is supposed to be an O ring in the inlet pipe .
    I'd dump it Kev and go get some silicon hose or a V70 inlet pipe if you've also dumped the airbox & filter & replaced with a cone type. Just needs a bracket to support & suspend the MAF.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

• Any link to the hose Rob ? I’ll keep the standard air box as Iv’e not long put a new air filter in .

Comment

Any link to the hose Rob ? I’ll keep the standard air box as Iv’e not long put a new air filter in .
        I can send you something when Im back Kev.

Last edited by Activ8; 1 September 2020, 09:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
          I can send you something when Im back Kev.

Thanks .
          Last edited by Activ8; 1 September 2020, 09:49 AM.

Comment

• Whats your thoughts on the cause of the seized water pump Kev? Was the van due belts, tensioners, pump etc.?

Comment

• 4500 miles until the belts were due to be changed , the cambelt is still in one piece a little chewed up on the teeth but that’s because the pump seized and it is seized solid !

Comment

4500 miles until the belts were due to be changed , the cambelt is still in one piece a little chewed up on the teeth but that’s because the pump seized and it is seized solid !
                Any evidence - as you may have some history - that the water pump was done also? Hows the cam & pump belt looking?

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                  Any evidence - as you may have some history - that the water pump was done also? Hows the cam & pump belt looking?

Cam belt , water pump and fuel pump belt changed at 257485 miles .

Water pump failed at 307500 miles a little premature but it’s failed .

Cam is fine and the fuel pump belt is ok but I’ll be changing both belts .

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

• Head is finally off

I don’t think it’s ever been apart before , head hasn’t been skimmed previously.

One valve is bent and one damaged hydraulic tappet

I’ll check all the other valves on the lathe when I get a chance .

I have a question though , is the cam pulley ( water pump side ) supposed to have a key way ? The cam shaft does but nothing on the pulley ?

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

• Hi. The cam does not have keyway. They are on a taper. As you have found no woodruff key just a slot

Comment

• Just a taper fit Kev, make sure both tapers are nice and clean when rebuilding.

Comment

• Thanks , Si , Huskyman

Comment

• I've got a box of good used valves Kev if you just need an odd one.

Comment

• INA Tappet set - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164209684739

I have these in both of mine. More of preventative maintainence as I hate noises tappets.

I have a spare 2.5 used set if you want to keep costs down. Came from a low mileage engine with little wear to the rest of it. May be able to test them yourself.

Sent from a muppet
                              #vanlife

Comment

• Id be interested to hear what the warping was on the 300k+ head when you skim it Kev?

Comment

Working...
                                X