No announcement yet.

Shed Seven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It’s been months since I’ve done anything to the van .

Today I fitted my secret Santa gift .

Before .

After .

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

• I’ve been using the van as my daily mode of transport for the last 3 weeks , kind of enjoying driving it at the moment , considering it’s been standing for months it’s going well ( atm )

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post
        considering it’s been standing for months it’s going well ( atm )
        That's done it.

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post

That's done it.
          Yep , I thought that too, at the moment the van doesn’t have internet access so I’m hoping I’ll be ok ............

Comment

Yep , I thought that too, at the moment the van doesn’t have internet access so I’m hoping I’ll be ok ............
            Hahahaha thanks for that. Made my day
            Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

• Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post

Hahahaha thanks for that. Made my day
              Your welcome

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post

That's done it.
                Yep it’s Fooked

Comment

• I’ve been having a nightmare with the van for the last 3 weeks .

The van was parked up since March and a few weeks ago I started it and it would start and then cut out immediately.

Glow plug light flashing , so I plugged in my code reader and it came back as needle lift sensor , in other words the injector with the sensor lead .

I checked the wiring and all was good but I had a zero ohms reading in the needle lift injector .

I bought 5 used injectors from a reputable T4 breaker .

I just couldn’t get the injectors out , I tried everything, penetrating spray , coke , cilit bang nothing worked but my persistence with a big slide hammer I made paid off eventually .

While I was there, I fitted new glow plugs , good second hand injector pipes , new steel water pipe , a good second hand vacuum pump and changed the diesel filter for a genuine one, new leak off pipes , I thought I really treated the van to a new lease of life .

Big slide hammer I made , must be around the 25 lb in weight , I also made a threaded adapter that screwed onto the injector thread .

I took it out for a spin around the block this afternoon and all of the sudden their was aloud top end rattle , I put the van into neutral and with in 5 seconds the engine stopped , I turned the key and the engine is locked , I suspect it has dropped a valve , also the cam belt , fuel pump belt are shredded .

I got recovered home

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                  Last edited by Fruitbat; 23 August 2020, 10:15 PM.

Comment

• Fuck.

Sent from a muppet
                    #vanlife

Comment

• Mate I bet your well pissed off with all that work!

Sent from my I3113 using Just T4s

Comment

• Yep well pissed off and thinking what’s my next move , another engine , repair the head , re-con head , second hand head , the van has done 307500 miles is it worth throwing more money at the original engine

Comment

Yep well pissed off and thinking what’s my next move , another engine , repair the head , re-con head , second hand head , the van has done 307500 miles is it worth throwing more money at the original engine
                          A man with your talents has all the options Kev.

Why not a Cosworth perhaps?

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

• This could be an opportunity to get a swb seeing as you’ve had a bit of a love hate with the lwb.Strip everything Out you want to keep and sell as spares or repair.I’m guessing money is tight at the mo.But there’s a 2002 2.5tdi on eBay for 3.250 with 128.000 on the clock,Could be a golden opportunity.
                            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Better the devil you know and whats the point hypothersizing until you get the head off and look at the damage. It ain't the end of the World & Mankind. Keep to your plan, get the van to the unit, do the bodywork and pull the engine to pieces if needs be and crack on.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

• Get a d5252t engine and drop that in. You've got the ancillaries to fit it. One on ebay for £185

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk

Last edited by rjhoy02; 24 August 2020, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X