Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Project Roy! The multi-staged Build thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went out to see if I could jump the van off me golf this morning....no joy! The battery that’s in is completely goosed!

But...that’s the least of my worries!

Started stripping everything down to see what I had.

Water water everywhere....

But at least Roy has started to pay me back...

If the weather clears up a little, should get some more done tomorrow

G

Sent from my iPad using Just T4s

Comment

At least you know now. Just as well you checked.
      Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

Glad i did. Dread to see what’s lurking behind the plywood...tomorrow will reveal! It’s no longer going to be a quick fix and get it rolling though....

Comment

Originally posted by moodye View Post
          Glad i did. Dread to see what’s lurking behind the plywood...tomorrow will reveal! It’s no longer going to be a quick fix and get it rolling though....

No. Probably not. It always looks worse than it is stuff like this. I've seen countless build threads where they look like scrappers and a bucket of water later they are nowhere near as bad.
          Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
            No. Probably not. It always looks worse than it is stuff like this. I've seen countless build threads where they look like scrappers and a bucket of water later they are nowhere near as bad.
            🤞🏻

Comment

Bugger [emoji52]

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Just T4s

Comment

What lies beneath....

Should I be worried that this void is packed full of polystyrene? It’s bloody everywhere!

Looks like this used to be a half bulkhead model...

Definitely be getting plenty of welding practice...

And found the reason for the water....well some of it anyway!

Six of these in total, clearly from a bodge roof rack at some point.
                Another reason for the moisture and rust was about a tonne of beach! Insulated to death with all the ventilation/drip channels blocked up, so just a big sweat box! Oh, and the rear wiper removal but not blocking off the skoosher tube!

How easy is it to remove the sliding door?

Comment

Gutted for you matey. Side door is easy. But to save my thumbs finger this link instead
                  https://youtu.be/ewgI6KfjbfM

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Just T4s

Comment

Cheers, that’ll help! Only 9 1/2 fingers left, can’t afford to lose anymore!

Originally I was gutted and pissed off, but just changes how I’ll use it - i think it’ll go straight down the camper route! But looking like a complete rebuild - bodywork first, then suspension etc. then have a look at the gogo box...

More money will be spent than originally anticipated and wanted, but rescuing an icon from inevitably being scrapped sooner than later if these hidden issues had gone unchecked!

Comment

Originally posted by moodye View Post
                      More money will be spent than originally anticipated and wanted, but rescuing an icon from inevitably being scrapped sooner than later if these hidden issues had gone unchecked!
                      Sounds all to familiar, your plan is sound - do crack on and keep us posted on progress.

Comment

Hey guys,

Not much to report on Roy...just been doing more stripping down.

I did however come in to possession of a new battery, but still no broom broom....

I have done a wee video, some online diagnostics would be great....

https://youtu.be/NzlCoTbmSBk

Comment

Starter jammed ?? Give it a whack ? Sorry dude but my knowledge is pretty shite ....

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

I had a similar issue, was the +ve lead to the starter that had broken where it connects to the starter. Check your getting power to the starter and also check the earth connection could possibly one or the other or starter gubbed all together. (hopefully it's just a connection)
                            Last edited by George Barr; 16 April 2018, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X