No announcement yet.

Ex-AA 2.5tdi. Our first T4...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking forward to this thread. I've been thinking of going down the V70 route as my gearbox grinds into third and annoys the hell out of me but I'm not paying the stupid prices asked for T4s boxes!

Sent from my G8141 using Just T4s

Comment

Not sure whether the gearbox would be a straight swap, will it have the extension shaft for the right hand shaft?

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
        Did you fit the Volvo gearbox and clutch as you had the complete car to play with?
        I was told that the Volvo gearbox would not work in the T4, so kept the VW box and clutch. Just needed to swap the sump as the T4 box won't bolt up to the Volvo sump.
        I sold the Volvo gearbox (and leather interior) which basically covered the cost of the engine!
        I've still got the turbo which I'm thinking of selling, but it may make its way on to my van yet lol

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by V&J T4 View Post
          I was told that the Volvo gearbox would not work in the T4, so kept the VW box and clutch. Just needed to swap the sump as the T4 box won't bolt up to the Volvo sump.
          I sold the Volvo gearbox (and leather interior) which basically covered the cost of the engine!
          I've still got the turbo which I'm thinking of selling, but it may make its way on to my van yet lol

We're you able to keep the Volvos larger flywheel and upgrade the clutch?

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
            We're you able to keep the Volvos larger flywheel and upgrade the clutch?

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s
            I didn't look into using the Volvo flywheel/clutch, I kept the the standard ACV stuff as I'd already bought a new kit.

I don't know if the Volvo flywheel/clutch will work with the VW gearbox in terms of size or if the number of splines match between the VW gearbox shaft and Volvo friction plate. Unfortunately I needed the van back on the road asap, so just had to go with what I knew would work - one of the reasons I kept the VW turbo and didn't fit the V70 turbo.

Comment

Well almost a year since my last update! But not much has changed [emoji23]
              A lot of working away from home and 3 house moves in the family has meant the van has been earning it's keep all year, but not without spending my hard earned pennies along the way lol.

The MOT last Oct resulted in new rear calipers, handbrake cables and a new windscreen, which got smashed a few days before the MOT but other than that, a clean bill of health.

Issues arose when replacing the windscreen as the few bubbles of rust that appeared around the sceeen just kept getting bigger and bigger [emoji45] Luckily, it was all surface rust and the metal work wasn't too bad when rubbed back and cleaned up.
              Unfortunately I have no pictures of the before, or the work being completed, but the van now has a sparkly new screen and fresh paint all around the screen...
              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180929_175600.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	266381

So this year will hopefully be kit the back out ready for camping and a new turbo etc for more powers [emoji41]

Comment

Thanks for the update. Did our screen surround last year then did the roof,pillars and scuttle in grey. Broke the screen getting it out so we had a new one to.

Comment

That looks great! I need to do mine. Mainly because my windscreen is leaking. How much for a new screen and seal?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Just T4s

Comment

I paid 120 fitted trade last april. I'd already got the old one out.

Comment

Mine was £160 fitted including a new outer seal thingy.
                      I had real issues trying to go through the insurance because I wanted them to refit the screen after having the rust sorted! Turns out my screen excess is £100, so for the sake of an extra £60 the bodyshop recommended a local windscreen guy and it was sorted in a couple days.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Just T4s

Comment

Working...
                      X