Jah Van

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hoopdub View Post
    I re used the old ply lining kit it came with. Had to sand it down and trim it a bit to compensate for the thickness of the carpet. I cant recomend the mega van mats 4 way stretch liner carpet enough. Its awesome stuff and really easy to work with. But you will need a full box of blades and a good set of large tailors scissors for cutting it. It blunts blades in seconds.
    Also another top tip if you are a super sexy hairy hunk of love be carefull with the spray glue if wearing shorts and a t shirt when applying it. A bit of a stray aim catching a good nozzlee full of glue up your legs and arm is not a good idea. Very painfull [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Just T4s
    That glue sticks like shit to a blanket. [emoji23][emoji23]🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Last edited by Hoopdub; 19 October 2018, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Comment

I re used the old ply lining kit it came with. Had to sand it down and trim it a bit to compensate for the thickness of the carpet. I cant recomend the mega van mats 4 way stretch liner carpet enough. Its awesome stuff and really easy to work with. But you will need a full box of blades and a good set of large tailors scissors for cutting it. It blunts blades in seconds.
          Also another top tip if you are a super sexy hairy hunk of love be carefull with the spray glue if wearing shorts and a t shirt when applying it. A bit of a stray aim catching a good nozzlee full of glue up your legs and arm is not a good idea. Very painfull [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

What a fantastic job you’re making mate. Nice one

Comment

Few more pics of the trimming. Oh and a cool badge swap made by a nice chap on a 3D printer.

Have you a contact for the badge...
            Like it alot

Sent from my SM-G950F using Just T4s
            IF ITS NOT BROKE DON'T FIX IT

Comment

Comment

Yes chap called Ben
                www.facebook.com/dubdesignworkz

Expensive?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Just T4s
                IF ITS NOT BROKE DON'T FIX IT

Comment

Last edited by Hoopdub; 19 October 2018, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Comment

Starting to catch up to the present day in this thread now. Last month i picked up a couple of captains seats. Had the pair for £75. One was an from a very early t4 in blue. Not bad condition. But not for me so i sold that one on. The other was from a late van like mine and in the inca pattern. It had a headrest but it was the wrong pattern. So i gave that away. It also had a damaged arm rest. Another common fault with the T4. The captive nut had also snapped off inside the seat back. I stropped the covers off and washed them. The foam was a bit poope on the offside of the base so i stripped an old office chair we had in the skip in work. Used the foam from that to build up the bolster. The back frame of a captains seat is different to a non armrest seat. Theres an extra band on the sides and rear for strength and to where the armrest mounts. The capptive nut sits between 2 plates and it would have been impossible. So i made a bigger plate to slot in the hole and threaded it in the correct place. Like a bigger version of the captive nut [emoji16]
                      The snapped arm rest noddy was easy enough to fix. You can buy tepair plates off ebay for £5 but why pay money when you can fix it. I cut a groove in the alloy and fitted a bit of steel in there to teplicate the old hook type noddy. All worked a treat. Re built it and its so much comfier to drive with an armrest. I find anyway.

Good job on those mate. I did mine in my corrado. I thought it was witchcraft before I started but they seemed pretty straightforward!

Comment

Some dodgy staining on that seat foam bud. Dare not remove mine....imagine it looks like a map of Europe under there.
                        Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

Comment

Last edited by Hoopdub; 19 October 2018, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Last edited by Hoopdub; 19 October 2018, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Very nice. Like it.
                                Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

Working...
                                X