No announcement yet.

Jah Van

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by Hoopdub; 19 October 2018, 09:02 AM.

Comment

I like your ethos, I really do. I love a bit of recyling. I'm always stopping at the side of the road because I've seen something that may do for the van. The wife goes mad. Suppose it's my own fault for hanging around with a bin-dipping gypo.
      edit : I mean my romainian mate and not Mrs FA. ..just to be clear
      Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

Spotted what I thought was a Coleman cool box on the way to work the other day in the ditch. Went on "road test" to get it but it was a cheapy with a broken lid and some six month old sandwiches in it so I left it where it was even tho I cant stand litter.

Comment

Last edited by Hoopdub; 19 October 2018, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Last edited by Hoopdub; 19 October 2018, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Last edited by Hoopdub; 19 October 2018, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hoopdub View Post
                  December 2017 i cut the screen out on a friday evening giving myself the weekend to do the repairs and then have a new screen fitted on the monday. The old screen had a few chips in it anyway so no point in having it refitted. So i opted for a new one.
                  That plan didnt work out. I couldnt get anyone to come fit a new screen for less than £350!!! So i got it done via the insurance. Had to wait 4 days though!! The windscreen company didn't want to do the job as id already removed the old (chipped) screen. The "boss" was a complete assclown. I said why the hell would you refuse to do a job i have made infinitely easier thus more lucrative for you!! He "had to make some fone calls to the insurance company to check its allowed" oh really. Called me back and basically made me wait 4 days, clearly proud of himself thinking he was putting me out. He was quite upset when i said "thats fine matey i live 2 miles from work so the van can stay here till its done"

Haha take that national windscreens.

The old screen came out really easy in one peice.

I stripped the whole front to make it easier for the repairs. And de-gardened behind the wings while they were off [emoji23]

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Just T4s
                  How bad was your screen surround mate, mine needs doing. What was your process for the work.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Comment

Last edited by Hoopdub; 19 October 2018, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoopdub View Post
                        Cheers for the kind words. No real skills involved. If you have patience and determination anyone should be able to nock one up. Biggest obsticle really is having the space and gear to do it. Aldi and Lidl are awesone for the diyer for cheap tools.
                        Lot of tool snobs nock them but they are ideal if you dont use them everyday.
                        Gumtree for used or unwanted materials.
                        Im a bugger for storing stuff that "May come in handy" some time. But it eventually does. The mdf for example i saved from that tripple caravelle seat i had. It came with it to use as a fold out bed. So far its been used for my center console and currently being used for a side project i got on the go.... a back to the future 2 hover board replica [emoji16]

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Just T4s
                        I buy Lidl’s tools they ain’t let me down yet tbf! And Iv bought of gumtree too.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Nice little garden of moss there!

Progress is great - I'm impressed.

As this is Jah van - take a look at my non T4 retro build thread a few threads down - it might give you an idea of how the paint should look, or maybe not.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X