Can't lower the bus so what wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lister View Post
    Surely they wouldnt notice a mild 40mm drop especially if the springs were black?? Failing that keep the 15s, fit some offroad tyres and embrace the high life...
    Hahaha love it!

Except...

I would have to register that I have the 'wrong' sized tyres on the rims!!

Yes, really, it is that strict here!

Unless everything matches what is on the liverette then you are screwed at MOT time and police road blocks!

The MOT is marginally easier to get past as, I discovered early on in my time here, give the vehicle to a 'known' mechanic and it WILL pass. Of course there may be an extra 50 euros on top of the normal fee but, you are 'legal' for another 12 months

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Sausages View Post
      Just replace top mount, damper is sent slightly further into chassis and bump stop section of the original mount is deleted to allow more movement of the upper wishbone
      Man, I love it!!!

However, I found the thread from when you were first trying this out/testing and it looks mighty complicated (I am as much mechanically minded as a wasp is patient!)

What else do I need to do/change/buy to make this work?

Also noticed you are in North Devon? Is that right? What town? My lad lives down there and I am planning to drive the bus over end of summer IF I get the conversion completed hahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
        It is. A friend put a solar panel on his t4.....failed itv. Had to get an engineer's report to put it on his ficha technica (document that goes with the log book containing all the information on the car)...total cost e380. Just to allow him to fit a solar panel.
        You don't realise how lucky you are.
        These damn Brits really don't know how lucky they are ;-)

Especially as, if we wanted to bring a bus over from the UK how much 'import duty' we would have to pay!!! They just changed the taxes on 'import duty' here. It used to be expensive. Now, forget it! They basically DOUBLED the 'import duty' at the end of last year, changed the name because, of course, you cannot charge import duty on European vehicles that have already paid 'import duty' in the EU. It is now called 'matriculation fees'... Yeah right!

"Open borders"? Really? As long as you don't stay for more than 180 days! Over that you legally have to import your vehicle!

Ooppss sorry, now you got me on another rant! ;-)

Where are you located in Spain? I lived in Spain for 5 years before moving to Portugal. Andalusia was my home for all that time. Nice and warm ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Greeny gtc View Post
          And a little way down the road in grease they still drive petrol rotivators attached to a trolly type things on roads

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s
          Same here...

Rotovators with wheels, weird seat thing, trailer type thing on the back. No licence, no tax, no insurance, no registration. Oh did I mention the 2 cyl diesel cars that run around on the main roads at 40km/h with the driver having no driving licence?

Most use it to avoid the drink driving laws, that's if anyone bothers with the drink driving laws! (most don't) ;-)

That or donkey and cart, yep, a regular sight here! Women with bales of something on their heads walking up the road!

Hardly a T4 in sight :-(

Comment

I'm in Barnstaple, be good to hook up if you get over

Nothing else to buy for the front if you can't change your tyres, they will dictate how low you can go

You'll need shorter springs if you want to lower the rear though
            Jebem ti nanu u trulu sisu

Comment

....slightly shorter dampers would also improve the ride though

Comment

Drive over to me when your on holiday and I'll fit it all for you

Comment

Originally posted by T4-Portugal View Post
                  These damn Brits really don't know how lucky they are ;-)

Especially as, if we wanted to bring a bus over from the UK how much 'import duty' we would have to pay!!! They just changed the taxes on 'import duty' here. It used to be expensive. Now, forget it! They basically DOUBLED the 'import duty' at the end of last year, changed the name because, of course, you cannot charge import duty on European vehicles that have already paid 'import duty' in the EU. It is now called 'matriculation fees'... Yeah right!

"Open borders"? Really? As long as you don't stay for more than 180 days! Over that you legally have to import your vehicle!

Ooppss sorry, now you got me on another rant! ;-)

Where are you located in Spain? I lived in Spain for 5 years before moving to Portugal. Andalusia was my home for all that time. Nice and warm ;-)
                  You can't import a UK t4 to Spain. They are right hand drive. You cant matriculate any commercial vehicle (or vehicles derived from) that is right hand drive. They say it because visablity is restricted. Doesn't matter if it's got glass all round nor nothing. Totally prohibited. Cars are ok, vans etc ....no.

I'm in Andalusia. Arroyo de la Miel. It's not warm just now.
                  Last edited by arfur fox-acre; 6 February 2018, 07:54 AM.
                  Me cago en la madre que te pariĆ³!

Comment

Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
                    You can't import a UK t4 to Spain. They are right hand drive. You cant matriculate any commercial vehicle (or vehicles derived from) that is right hand drive. They say it because visablity is restricted. Doesn't matter if it's got glass all round nor nothing. Totally prohibited. Cars are ok, vans etc ....no.

I'm in Andalusia. Arroyo de la Miel. It's not warm just now.
                    Wow, it's pretty strict there!

You CAN import commercial vehicles here and, for some strange reason, the 'import duty' is slightly cheaper as long as it has 3 seats in the front but it's still ridiculously expensive.

Ah, Benelmadena area. Beautiful! I have very fond memories of Benelmadena following an encounter with a young lady donkeys years ago

Comment

What are the penalties for modifying your van outside of its specifications? What's specified in the van docs currently with regard to suspension, wheels & tyres? Surely that's your starting point. Then begin interpreting it into something custom.

Sent by ORANGE is the NEW BLACK

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Sausages View Post
                        Drive over to me when your on holiday and I'll fit it all for you
                        Ha, you might just have landed yourself a job!

Will let you know when I am on my way ;-)

Comment

No probs at all

Comment

You can import commercials as long as they are left hand drive.
                            Young ladies donkeys????? Tell us more.

As for modifying....the penalties would be no itv for a start. Huge fines from the Guadia civil if they catch you with something wrong.
                            If you really, really want something modified than the best route is to change everything all at once then submit the car for homologation. This way you only pay (and suffer the paperwork ) once. Still expensive.
                            Me cago en la madre que te pariĆ³!

Comment

Where does your son live? I know a Portuguese guy that works on the next road down on our industrial estate, long shot but it's a small world

Comment

We are lucky with what we can get away with here in terms of mods, but there is also a flip side - my fun car is an BMW E30 325i, which until recently was fitted with an E36 M3 engine making just shy of 300bhp.
                                Whilst that was all legal and above board, the brakes and suspension could have remained standard and the brakes were barely good enough for 170bhp!!

Whilst I did go to the expense of changing brakes and suspension, there are plenty of numb nuts on our roads that will double the power of their cars but not seem to worry about being able to keep it on the road or being able to stop :/

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Working...
                                X