The woes continue...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The woes continue...

Out last night in the bus, parked up, locked the doors from the drivers side. All good.

Went back to the bus after having dinner and the doors aren't unlocking properly.

Put the key in the drivers door lock, the central locking motors whir, unlock the doors and then immediately lock again! Luckily, if you are quick enough, you can open the drivers door but the passenger door doesn't open at all, even by pulling the door handle as soon as the interior locking button is up.

Have pulled the fuse for the central locking, No. 21 according to the fuse box guide, and the central locking still works! :-(

Any suggestions to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by T4-Portugal; 28 January 2018, 11:56 AM.

Quite often one of the locks, rods comes out of alignment or the handles can need adjustment.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
      Quite often one of the locks, rods comes out of alignment or the handles can need adjustment.

Thanks Dan...

Any idea how to get the damn door open?

Obviously I cannot get inside to see whats happened with the door shut tight :-(

Comment

Disconnect the battery.

Sent by Rectum Pulse Modulator

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
          Disconnect the battery.

Great thanks...

That's stopped the doors locking...

I have worked through every fuse and the central locking still works :-(

Now that the battery is disconnected there is clearly an issue with the passenger door locking mechanism. It will not open with key or pulling interior knob.

Is there a 'trick' way to get the door open or do I need to find a car thief to break in?

Comment

Can you remove the interior door panel to get at the lock mechanism?

Comment

You should be able to gently prise the inner latch/handle off and jiggle the release rod see if you can free it up

Comment

Wind window down, wiggle internal door lock knob up whilst wanging on the outside door handle
                Jebem ti nanu u trulu sisu

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Sausages View Post
                  wiggle knob up whilst wanging on the outside door handle
                  I'd have thought something like WD40 would be better, but I suppose if that's all you have to hand.

Comment

Thanks for all the tips..

The wiggle and wanging kind of worked.

Inserting the key and pushing and banging on the handle dislodged something and she popped open!

Seems that the central locking has taken a mind of its own. So, as I have the patience of a wasp I can feel the complete removal of the central locking coming up!

Comment

Originally posted by T4-Portugal View Post
                      Thanks for all the tips..

The wiggle and wanging kind of worked.

Inserting pushing and banging dislodged something and she popped open!
                      Come on....this isn't fair. All this restraint is doing me serious psycological harm.
                      I need a lie down.
                      Me cago en la madre que te pariĆ³!

Comment

This must be killing you mate, return to the old Arfur, much more entertaining [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by Thebigredone View Post
                          This must be killing you mate, return to the old Arfur, much more entertaining [emoji106]

I know but we can't have that stuff on here. All joking aside, it really devalues the site and have you noticed the girls have been very quiet lately?
                          Maybe in the sewer section once a month
                          Me cago en la madre que te pariĆ³!

Comment

Yea I know mate, but it was also entertaining, I look forward to the monthly gutter over in the sewer [emoji16][emoji106]

Comment

Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
                              Come on....this isn't fair. All this restraint is doing me serious psycological harm.
                              I need a lie down.
                              If this hadn't worked then it was going to be a BIG hammer to the door card.

I have a feeling that would have been much more to your liking!

Comment

Working...
                              X