Possible injector fault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dan View Post
    Can you do 2.4d injectors reg? Looking for increased fuelling from mine. Not paying PP3 prices that's for sure.

Were you looking at large nozzles? They'll flow a lot as standard, more than 10-15psi boost would demand.

New nozzles do improve burn a lot (more power and mpg), I can increase the breaking pressure to improve things further with a small tradeoff in increased pump noise as it's working harder.

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
      Slacken the 3 bolt and turn pump centre towards direction of rotation.
      won't that be retarding the pump? you need to rotate it backwards so it'll inject earlier in relation to the crank and camshaft.
      my van - http://just-t4s.co.uk/showthread.php...02-800-special

Comment

Slacken the 3 bolt and turn pump centre towards direction of rotation.
        Originally posted by gojira View Post
        won't that be retarding the pump? you need to rotate it backwards so it'll inject earlier in relation to the crank and camshaft.
        I think he meant the same thing, just a confusing way of saying it. (think he meant to say FOUR bolts though)

Turning the pump body in the same direction as pulley rotation will retard the timing.

If you have a slotted pulley ignore all this.

Personally I make these adjustments on the flywheel, i.e move the flywheel via the inspection hole using a flat blade screwdriver can move it a tiny amount. So set the flywheel a few degrees before TDC, set the pump to it's TDC locked position and then you have a few degrees advance.

Anyone want a diesel setup guide - drop me a PM

Comment

No mate mines got 3 bolts on the pulley and I meant turning the 22mm centre nut on the pump towards rotation leaving the belt where it is if you see what I mean.Didnt touch the pump where its bolted on. Didn't move pump body.
          Last edited by S49; 8 June 2017, 10:40 PM.

Comment

3 bolts on mine

sent from a t6 (As if am not that sad)

Comment

That's it. Defo turned centre clockwise, marked first so could always put back. When I got the van had oil leak from head gasket so replaced, when taking apart pin to lock pump was a mile out and it had two head gaskets on, a mate suggested they may have been running it on chip fat but i'll steer well clear of that.
              Last edited by S49; 8 June 2017, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X