Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear wiper and insulating tailgate...

Hey everyone...

My rear wipers are not working :-( Have checked fuse and all is good there.

Am in the process of insulating the bus so a double question if I may.

On taking the panel off the rear door to inspect the wiper motor I found a black wire connected to well, nothing actually, and cannot see anything that it may connect to :-( Noticed that there are two black wires attached to a kind of pcb(?) but only one is connected back to the motor.

Any suggestions?

Also, how has everyone insulated the back door? It is all small holes and alike and I don't really want to be using expanding foam and wallmate covering wiring etc. Was thinking about just a silvered bubble wrap type solution attached to the panel as the 'simplest' solution though not the most efficient I would guess.

Thanks in advance guys and gals

Can you pop a picture of the wires and wiper motor up?

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
      Can you pop a picture of the wires and wiper motor up?
      Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0008.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	262687

The wire that is looped is the one that only connected at one end :-(

Comment

Right been out to ours. Black wire in plug is live with ignition. Brown wire in centre of plug is earth. Green wire in plug comes live when motor is wiping and I don't have the other wire bare in mind ours have barn doors. So if it tests out as above it should work. Motor appears to be the same.

Comment

If the looped black wire touchs earth as in your photo I would imagine it would blow your fuse. AND THE PART NUMBER ON MINE IS 701955713......SAME AS IN YOUR PHOTO.
          Last edited by S49; 21 January 2018, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
            If the looped black wire touchs earth as in your photo I would imagine it would blow your fuse. AND THE PART NUMBER ON MINE IS 701955713......SAME AS IN YOUR PHOTO.
            Awesome! Thanks for your help on this!

I only looped the black wire back so that it would show in the photo.

So, I am guessing from the wire that is only connected at one end, being live with ignition, needs to be attached to something at BOTH ends hence why the wiper doesn't work lol

Well, maybe I need to be taking the motor out and see if there is a spare connector for this to clip onto :-(

Comment

Well on ours it doesent have the looped wire. Try taking it off check the fuse. if the wires check out as I described it points to a knackered wiper motor.

Comment

Working...
              X