Discontinued parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discontinued parts

Hi all. My name's Bob, just joined the forum. I have had my T4 for 16 trouble free years. On my way back to UK from France my van broke down about 40 k from Calais. What had happened was the throttle pedal sensor had packed up.
    Got towed off to a garage only to find out you can't get the part anymore. Managed to get a used part on ebay, took that over, had it fitted. It ran for 20mins then the fuel pump actuator packed up. Fortunately this can be reconditioned. My question is how many other parts are not available and is there anyone reconditioning electrical parts like throttle pedal sensors, etc.

Hello and welcome.
    No idea what parts you can't get but for most parts that say obsolete there is an alternative.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

Most parts are accessible one way or another, Cali Campers are a breakers that have most stuff and are very helpful
      Jebem ti nanu u trulu sisu

Comment

A lot of car manufacturers don't keep much for anything over 10 years old, ford and bmw for example unless its a part used on something later too. Your local motor factors can deal with most run of the mill stuff. Some stuff worth hoarding but without a crystal ball it difficult to second guess. There is a lot on fleabay new and used. Put an idle control valve on our corrado 39 quid of the bay, 170 off vw was a bit unsure of how good it would be but still ok 4 years later. The Mrs wanted the real vdub one as its her pride and joy.
        Last edited by S49; 4 November 2017, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Sorry Bob, hello and welcome.

Comment

Hi and welcome. There's plenty of places stoking old parts, I've used VW Heritage for a few bits. T4sRus etc.

Comment

Hi Bob welcome to the forum. 16 trouble free years that's like 792 in VW years

Sent from my LG-H870 using Just T4s

Comment

Hello and welcome mate 👍

Sell my T4 ? I'd rather stick wasps up my butt !!!

Comment

Morning lads . Have a look on this. Found this on German EBay but ironically it com's from Telford GB.
                  Item 162559476155.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Just T4s

Comment

Working...
                  X