Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone with a 2.0 petrol gti conversion wot the power mpg like pls

Sent from my SM-G950F using Just T4s

I had a 2.0l 8v bora once and the fuel economy was bad carnt imagine what it would be like in a t4

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Just T4s

Comment

We had a mark 3 golf gti 2.0 8 valve went like a rocket always thought it would have been good in a T4 but on reflection the mpg may not have been the best.

Comment

My dad used to have a pasat with the 8v gti engine in it flew
        But fuel consumption maybe not xx

Comment

Originally posted by fadetoogrey View Post
          My dad used to have a pasat with the 8v gti engine in it flew
          But fuel consumption maybe not

Comment

The 8v gti engine from a mk2 was a common swap in the T25/T3 but think they were pretty thirsty, there are better conversions out there now. 1.9 tdi for instance or even better the 1.8t. Why bother with an old golf gti engine when you can have 200bhp, especially if mpg isn't a concern. The 2.0 golf/ beetle engine was 110bhp iirc and the beetle i had only did 25-30mpg and wasnt very quick at all
            I had golf mk2 gtis, both 8v and 16v and to be honest you only really got 30mpg out of either. No matter how hard or gently i drove them!
            Last edited by UncleTravellingMatt; 5 March 2018, 01:18 PM.

Comment

We have a 2:5Petro Auto and it guzzles. We get about 250 ishhhh to a tank but sadly that's just the way it is and depends on how we drive it.
              We've taken it to Isle Of Skye and Southern France but the France trips normally set us back £650 ishhhh

Comment

M3 2.0 8v with cam, mildl head, 4 branch etc will see 140bhp if it's set up well. Generally make 120bhp or less. Will do 30-35mpg in a golf, would expect 20-25 in a t4.

Daleydub - the bora/mk4 8v is a bit different, got a crossflow head not a counterflow.

I used to get 20-25mpg out of my 2.5 petrol van, now get 23-27 with the 1.8t

Comment

Originally posted by fadetoogrey View Post

What size wheels and tyres did u fit. Looks good. Bit like a syncro[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

Working...
                  X