No announcement yet.

Big Blue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad it's sorted mate, you are now entered into the hall of fame for the 'OTHER' forums master electrical engineers elite 😂😂

Sell my T4 ? I'd rather stick wasps up my butt !!!

Comment

Electrical Genius

Sent from my LG-H870 using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by Grubb05 View Post
        Electrical Genius

You know it- all working now- Rejoice! DAB radio and Bluetooth tunes now working from all 4 speakers [emoji1591]

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by Sirfbum View Post
          Oh, and I ordered switchback DRL/indicators to swap out for my indicator bulbs too - completely on a whim. Need to figure out how they fit once they arrive!!!

Are they the e bay ones mate? Been looking at those myself. May take the plunge later if I get bored!

Comment

Originally posted by Jonnybigballs85 View Post
            Are they the e bay ones mate? Been looking at those myself. May take the plunge later if I get bored!

Yes. No idea what they are like- saw some people fitted them on FacialBook and bought them on a whim!

Comment

Big Blue

So, Been having tyre fun in the last few days.

When I bought my van a few years back, it came with some sort of Audi alloy wheels- probably from an A4 or similar. I didn't really check the tyres as it had recently been MOTed and thought nothing of it.

However, some time later, I had what can only be described as an "instant flat" after going around a roundabout. So I inflated it again and went straight to a garage. They then informed me that the front two tyres were not extra load rated- so essentially car tyres, but the back were fine. So I got two new tyres (extra load rated) fitted on their recommendation and left it at that.

Roll forward to yesterday and I noticed a bald spot and wear around the edge so went back to get a new one. At this point the guy at the tyre place tells be that they are the wrong tyre and I should have larger van tyres. Essentially he says I have car tyres, though extra load rates. The size is 205/55ZR16 94W XL.

Begs the question as to why they didn't say the first time around! I know next to nothing about wheels and tyres and don't pretend to!

Explains why the wheels look so small in the arches!! [emoji23]

So seems I need to now buy 4 new larger tyres. Might as well get new wheels whilst I am there I think!

Last edited by Sirfbum; 28 September 2017, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Have a word with Adventure Van hes the tyre man.

Comment

I have 235 45 17 97xl on my wheels as this is just about right for my axle weight, Adventure Van is the guy to message as S49 said 👍

Sell my T4 ? I'd rather stick wasps up my butt !!!

Comment

And for the hatrick it's Adventure Van that is the tyre guru of the forum

Comment

Tyre nerd... 🤓

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Just T4s
                      '00 1.9TDI LWB, '87 Mk2 Golf 16v

Wheel or tyre question? Just ask, it's what i do!

Comment

Latest mod.....

Just got to decide where to put it! Don’t want to get this wrong!
                        🤙🏻

Comment

Big Blue

Fits quite nicely into my existing “sticker cluster”! [emoji16][emoji1303]

Ps... Yes, those bumpers do need a tad of blackening up!

Comment

Originally posted by Sirfbum View Post
                            Fits quite nicely into my existing “sticker cluster”! [emoji16][emoji1303]

Ps... Yes, those bumpers do need a tad of blackening up!

Cheap fix, boiled linseed oil

Comment

How long does it last mate. Done ours with some bumper stuff but you have to keep at it. Will get some wurth bumper dye when we get round to it.

Comment

The front is lasting better than the back but it may help to leave a bit longer to let soak in before wiping off any excess

Comment

Working...
                                X