Big Blue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daleydub View Post
    I see your paddle boards thats a sport I would like to get into but very expensive to start. i just got a old windsurf board yesterday to start out and see how I get on

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Just T4s
    Hi- as a windsurfer and paddleboarder, though you can paddle a windsurfer it's a lot harder. They might look similar but are a lot longer and narrower - so will be wobblier.

My tip is to have a lesson or two. Plus you can buy inflatable boards second hand fairly "cheap" (still more expensive than an old windsurfer) - a few hundred pounds- but enjoyment factor way higher. Happy to chat about it. Depending on where you are I can point you to local SUP clubs!

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Looks a great job!!

Slowly slowly catchy monkey!

Comment

Where did you get the double swivel base pal, and how much was it please? Nice work by the way

Sent from my E6653 using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by Sirfbum View Post
          Hi- as a windsurfer and paddleboarder, though you can paddle a windsurfer it's a lot harder. They might look similar but are a lot longer and narrower - so will be wobblier.

My tip is to have a lesson or two. Plus you can buy inflatable boards second hand fairly "cheap" (still more expensive than an old windsurfer) - a few hundred pounds- but enjoyment factor way higher. Happy to chat about it. Depending on where you are I can point you to local SUP clubs!

Thanks I appreciate it[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Just T4s

Comment

So having rekindled my interest in Big Blue, the list of jobs is growing- need to start to prioritise! Currently as follows:
            - Side bars
            - Lower it by 45/50 (springs and shocks?)
            - Tint the side windows
            - carpet the top panel in tailgate (stuck on with sikaflex or similar- being a bitch to remove!)
            - Carpet the bottom panels on sliders. Toying with the idea of making storage pockets in the doors too
            - paint the roof black
            - roof rails
            - replace driver wing mirror (cracked case)
            - blacken up the bumpers
            - restore or replace flaky curbed wheels (need to find new centres too as they are Audi centres)

So much to do, just a case of priority really! [emoji23]

Comment

Oh, and I ordered switchback DRL/indicators to swap out for my indicator bulbs too - completely on a whim. Need to figure out how they fit once they arrive!!!

Comment

Sounds like you are going to be busy for a day or two lol

Comment

Big Blue

Tell me about it. In the end, today I ended up doing something entirely different and bought a new Bluetooth head unit. Been a right arse to fit!!!

Bought the unit - a pioneer Bluetooth DAB job.

1st item- fit a DAB arial. Decided on an internal one that sticks to the window. First tried to route cable down the driver side pillar behind the plastic. However it soon became apparent that whoever last changed the windscreen used a lot of sealant and has bonded the plastic to the window so couldn't feed any cables down!

So switched sides. Discovered about 200 miles of redundant audio cable hidden behind the glovebox where it looks like they had a cb radio or something. Plus what looks like hands free kit cabling and all sorts of mikes, leads and random junk. Oh, and a live cable connected directly to the battery with no fuse tucked in there too- not even any tape on the end, just a bare spade connector!

Eventually got the old head unit out and new one plugged in. However someone has been at the wiring and has hard wired the last stereo adaptor in.

Result is that rear speakers don't work - plus unit loses power as soon as I turn off the engine, meaning it resets.

Check this out...

I have no idea what to do next!!!

Last edited by Sirfbum; 23 September 2017, 03:34 PM.

Comment

To stop it losing power when you turn off the ignition connect the yellow wire to the red and red to yellow, so they are both half red and yellow, that should stop it losing memory when you take the keys out or turn it off 👍

Sell my T4 ? I'd rather stick wasps up my butt !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Thebigredone View Post
                      To stop it losing power when you turn off the ignition connect the yellow wire to the red and red to yellow, so they are both half red and yellow, that should stop it losing memory when you take the keys out or turn it off [emoji106]

Sell my T4 ? I'd rather stick wasps up my butt !!!
                      Learnt this lesson on one of my cars too , bloody annoying it was !

Comment

Nice job there mate...stereo wiring looks similar to mine...lol
                        Hope the wee fella's shook off the wee man flu

Comment

Originally posted by Davieb View Post
                          Nice job there mate...stereo wiring looks similar to mine...lol
                          Hope the wee fella's shook off the wee man flu
                          Yep- little guy is back to being a cheeky chap!

Comment

Also got around to replacing by grab handle in the tailgate (otherwise known as a wetsuit hanger!)

Comment

Sounds like you need the help of old mate the electrical guru from the other site 😂😂😂

Sent from my LG-H870 using Just T4s

Comment

Wait... I've figured it out!

Power sorted - crossed the red and yellow over as recommended. ✔️

Now figured out the wiring mess for the rear speakers too. Just have to add spade connectors to the ends of the grey cables and plug into the brown connector in the corresponding pins to the purple and green wires from the new stereo loom. The previous owner just did a ghetto wiring job to hard wire in the old loom rather than use the right tools for the job!

Wait... does this qualify me as an electrics expert on the other forum?

Comment

Working...
                                X